ESB build-in-progress[*FX]

Hello all,

My name is Dan, and I'm working towards finishing my ESB build. After I finish, I'll be applying to join the 501st, and I wanted to get some opinions on how it's looking now so that I can fix any potential problems. I'm still waiting on my thermal detonator case, which should be here soon, but other than that I think I've got everything I need for basic qualification. I am also planning to close the sides of the abdomen...just haven't gotten to it yet. The only other major thing I'll be doing is continuing to mod the blaster with a doopy-doos kit, which I'm also waiting on, but for now, I think it meets the basic standards for membership. The last photo is my son and I...he seems to like the armor, but I think he has some growing to do! Thanks for the help!

th_IMG_7307.jpg

th_IMG_7309.jpg

th_IMG_7311.jpg

th_IMG_7312.jpg

th_IMG_7314.jpg

th_IMG_7280.jpg

Looking good! I only know helmets, but from the pics it looks fine for 501st (if the rules havent changed). If I was gonna do a CE in ESB style, I would paint the vocorder in the same flat black as the frown, but thats just me.

Cute kid! Looks like my son when he gets hold of any SW stuff, lol!

Looks like you've made some good progress! A couple things I see that you could tweak:

- you'll need some proper boots, the ones you have won't meet the CRL requirements

- the holster is on the correct side, but it looks rather big. Not sure how picky you are about the details, but I think you could make / get a more accurate one

- I can't quite make out the blaster, but you might need some T-rack / greeblies to finish it off (the doopydoos kit doesn't come with them for ESB)

Good catch on the boots! I forgot to mention in my original post that I have a pair of CAboots on the way. I also noticed that the belt had ridden up for the photos, so next time I'll make sure it's placed correctly. Considering this was the first full fitting, I was happy everything just stayed on!

My doopydoos kit got here today, so I'm in the process of modding the blaster. I don't have any of the greeblies, so I guess that's something I'll add later after I find them. The holster is a homemade first try, so it probably is a little big. I'll probably either make another or buy one from someone, but I guess it'll work for now. Thanks for the feedback...this is certainly a work-in-progress!