TK7573 Requesting EIB ANH Hero[104][SDS]

Hi there.....

I just completed my TK ANH Hero Build, see pics below.

Since these initial pics, uploaded to the 501st and accepted by the UKG. I wouldn't mind knowing what I need to do to get EIB status.

I've since shortened the strap on the shoulder bells to take them in a bit, other that that, one thing I do know....I NEED A NEW E11 (as mine is a mish mash of all 3 films - grrrrrrrr - but still a looker though)

All comments welcome :)

4103509988_689fff2e6c_o.jpg

4103511740_52073a692c_o.jpg

4102754373_db2cb4752f_o.jpg

4103515386_65984df7c5_o.jpg

4102758187_053a7d1d37_o.jpg

So....from this I was advised to paint all the rivets white

4115504897_a46d8e1906_b.jpg

4116273438_da3060ec51_b.jpg

4116274008_4ec7321c0f_b.jpg

4116274728_6b3a681e39_b.jpg

4115507407_cf38bc2926_b.jpg

4115507953_3860dee32f_b.jpg

DONE.....and I got my number - :D TK7573

So far so good......mate :)

Terrell already tells you, we need more pix from helmet and blaster....

but i can see, your blaster have the greeblings on the left side and the hengstler counter is missing!?! This are the details from the ESB Blaster.....not for the ANH Blaster.

Look here-IMG_6851.jpg

ANHElitestatus12.jpg

Edit: I should read everything :rolleyes:;) ...sry, you have posted, you need a new E-11...lol

Cheers guys,

I've taken a few drastic steps to EIB status.

I've ordered a resin cast ANH E-11, which will be here this week (got it from a fellow UKG trooper) and at the same time have ordered an itchynuts design blaster (which should hopefully be here this year - i'd love it if it was). HOWEVER, if the resin E-11 comes up to scratch (i'll get pics posted this week and you can let me know) then I'll go with that until my upgrade.

All my armor is at my parents (since I live in Glasgow and they are in Aberdeen and i'll not be back for at least 2 weeks) I'll get my dad to take pics of the armor - especially the helmet at close up and various angles.

The armor was originally Marcels and had EIB status, so I know it will be fine, its just the blaster I need to sort out.....

Oh...and not to rub it in ;) I had ordered myself a doopy DLT-19 (only because I got the gig of my career last friday which paid for the blaster), so i'll get pics of that poster too..... ;)

Oh...and not to rub it in ;) I had ordered myself a doopy DLT-19 (only because I got the gig of my career last friday which paid for the blaster), so i'll get pics of that poster too..... ;)

Congrats, mate. I have that one too, it's quite the beauty. Nothing beats a BFG!

Here's the link to the Blaster that came in the post earlier - pics uploaded....

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=9150

ObiHahn (I spelt your name wrong on the other post, apologies ^_^ ) - I quite fancy weathering the BFG, can you tell me what you used and if there are any sites that I can look at to get some tips ?

ObiHahn (I spelt your name wrong on the other post, apologies ^_^ ) - I quite fancy weathering the BFG, can you tell me what you used and if there are any sites that I can look at to get some tips ?

No prob mate, happens all the time. People tend to think I added the "H" in "Han". ;) No, the 2nd H in ObiHahn has to be there, trust me.

I sure can give a quick tuto on my weathering technique, but it's nothing too fancy:

a dull black base coat was already on the gun when I got my DLT-19. I went ahead and gave it a light sanding (very light, don't sand over some of the details!) and gave the whole thing a satin black coat of paint.

I then drybrushed it with gun metal and toned that down with another very light coat of satin black, more of a black overspray. More drybrushing, with silver metallic over the edges for a more worn look and finally some very light bronzing to give an overall appeal of used metal.

The box that I added on the receiver I painted silver and then sprayed black on top. I then scratched the box so the silver shows through in spots. Very convincing, methinks.

The stock is dark brown with some scratches and a light black overspray.

Seal the whole thing with a few coats of protective clear coat (mine was semi-gloss) and you're done.

This was my main reference for the BFG:

http://www.looksirdroids.com/replica_weapons2.html

Bruce

Ahoy there matey.... welcome buddy, you're nearly there...

Firstly if you are getting a UKG resin blaster then it will no doubt be fine......

Secondly, I have one of Justin's E-11's too (itchynuts) and they are the bee's knee's of blasters...... the only thing i'll say is that the blaster has a few mods on it which may not be EIB acceptable... (noteably the scope reticules) i'll post pics on the blaster section tomorrow....(I could be wrong though.....)

Shiv

Shiv - Cheers mate. I think I know what you mean. I've seen the pics of Justins Blaster and it is gorgeous and am not sure I would even troop with it. The resin blaster will hopefully do. (That's not going to stop me getting one ^_^)

Derrick - Thats a good point. I'm not sure (All the armour is at my parents and I'm heading there for the weekend tomorrow). I know the armour was previously EIB with Marcel, but i'll check it out when I get back. You are right as they don't seem to have them. If it is the case that there isn't finishing strips on them and that I do need, does anyone have any spare :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so now that I've moved house and got all my armor with me. Would it be ok to post close up pics of the gaps without having to re-wear it all ?

Otherwise I'll have to entrust the girlfriend with the camera :huh:

• 2 months later...

Yes, I would say it would.

I'm absolutely gutted that I didnt get onto it quicker and would have been in the top 100 EIB's - never mind though !!!

Here's a pic taken from a recent troop

4425566362_df5a209f70_b.jpg

EDIT: If you go here, you'll see the troop that it was taken at.

I've since decided that I really need to sort the shoulder bells and lift the thighs up as they are showing too much black...

Edited by brulafu

Bruce u trooper with 3 EIB's on a regular basis bud, just ask me, Aaron or Colin A what u need to do bud :D If you are Inverness we can have a look over it mate and help u out :D

The penny dropped not long after my first troop......

Cheers - I wont be back in time for Inverness as Im in Dubai at the mo.

I'll def get in touch once I get back as I'm needing to sort my thighs out !!!

Cheers mate

Bruce

Sorry you didn't make it in the first 100, but your in like flynn now!!!

Congrats on getting it done, you look happy in your pics and rightfully so. Nice job on the armor, welcome aboard sir,

Edited by darthfoster