usul45

Black Armor stolen

Anybody see this story? I hope the link works-

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/3055...aught-on-camera

At first I thought how horrid, and I still do mind you, but then I had another thought....5,000? Really? REALLY? For what looks like a black FX. I never knew black spray paint made FX armor so much more valuable. Anybody need set of black armor? Only 3,000. And that includes shipping.

But really, that sucks but it must have been orchestrated from the "inside". Thought you guys might like to see the story.

Out!

Vic your not the only one

Enter "caught on camera" in the site's search field. It'll bring up the costume story in the search returns.

I read it -- definitely sounds like he arranged to have some buddies fake the theft.

And 5 grand, for THAT?

Somebody's playing fast and loose with the numbers.

In fairness the armour photographed isn't necessarily what was stolen- the armour that was stolen was shipped from overseas,FX would come from the US. And if the theft was arranged by the owner why would the 'theives' risk being photographed? They would know the camera was there and would avoid being seen surely. I agree $5000 seems alot but who knows maybe it was a special set or something.

Well I don't know of any Shadow armor that costs $5000! Overseas or not. Sounds like a bit of a insurance scam to me. Maybe not the theft but the price seems to have been exaggerated some what. I am also wondering how the thieves knew it was there? Inside job all round if you ask me:)

Bogus :6:

Who the heck would leave their armor outside on the porch, unattended?!

How fortunate that there is a surveillance camera that caught the whole thing.

Why would a TX be worth $5000?! (I have a TX and I sure didn't spend that much. As much as I like the costume I would never value mine at $5k - but I would be nice! :P )

I wonder if that is in NZ dollars? If so, then the cost would actually be less in USD. Because it is in New Zealand, it may be valued more because of shipping. I know that when I visited a friend who moved there in 1995, I was kind of surprised at the cost of items like toothpaste and shampoo compared to the US.

My biggest shock is that the armor was stored on the porch...was the owner trying to get some "natural" weathering? :rolleyes:

This story smells really bad. The footage looks completly staged. Who has a camera on their back porch anyway? 5000 for a black fx kit, come on. just silly.