ESB Details

Okay, you've convinced me... I'm going to get another set of armor and go all out elite ESB with it!

I spent all last night going frame by frame through the movie (found some funny stuff I'd never seen before too btw... like reversed scenes, ammo plates on legs at crazy angles and such) and soaking in the glory that is ESB. I've also been reading and re-reading the EIB requirements so I know what I'll need to have. So... while it will probably be first of the year before I actually start on the build, I wanted to clarify some things first and ask some questions.

The helmet I have down. No questions there. I will be getting another set of Mike's decals (I have a TD set) and basically I'm going for this bucket — without the flaws of paint chipping.

The only real question I have about the bucket... and I think Mike can answer this too... is what sort of primer do you use? And, do you use it on the entire armor as well? (I'm guessing "yes.") I didn't prime my TD at all... partly because I thought as it "chipped" it would add to the effect of the TD, which it is, but I want my ESB TK to be primo... so priming is not an option.

Here are the questions I have about assembly...

1) Are the drop boxes a bit "further back" towards the sides than on ANH?

2) Is the holster simply "looped" over the belt?

3) When you wear the blaster in the holster is the "grip" forward? (so as to draw the gun out with your left hand by reaching over)

4) Are the backs of the ribbed shoulder straps connected... or do they "float" like in ANH?

And finally, if anyone wouldn't mind posting or PMing me about these things I'd appreciate it...

1) Where's the best place to get a belt? (are those non-canvas strap belts still available by anyone?)

2) Where's the best place to get a holster?

3) Where is the best place online for high-res ESB screen grabs?

That's it for now!

I can't wait to start my build thread... and to have as good of a TK as I do a TD! B) Woo hoo!!!

Noel-- thanks for posting this up... I'm gonna go ESB as well, so now I can sit on my duff and just take notes from your thread. :D

Mike's tutotrial suggests the Rustoleum "Painter's Touch" white sandable primer.

rustoleum_primer.jpg

I used it on my ATA helmet, and was very happy with it.

Anrev in the Mountain Garrison makes a pretty sweet holster -- real leather; nice and thick. He offers them in ESB and ANH versions, even white for snowies. I'll send you a PM.

Bernard makes nice holsters as well, but the material is a bit thinner, and I'm not certain if he does ESB/ROTJ ones.

From everything I've seen and read, the holster is simply looped over the belt.

As for belts -- I think Wyatt *might* still have an open run on his cargo strap ones. I haven't got one, but the pictures I've seen look like the REAL DEAL. If it's not the exact material as the film, it's pretty dang close.

FireBladeJedi and GundamZepplin make awesome canvas belts... I have one of each, and they both rock.

As for the other stuff... I've got my pen and paper handy so I can poach info. :D

Thanks again for starting this thread-- I have a lot of the same questions you do, so I'll be following along with keen interest, if that's okay. :)

Going from ANH to ESB is easy. All you need is another helmet, a new belt holster set up, and different hand plates.

The armour is identical, as it was the original ANH armour re-used, with the mentioned amendments.

The shoulder straps are still glued to the front and float at the rear, with or without the elastic. Think lots of bodge tape..

The drop boxes go where ever, as they are looped over the belt using elastic not hard fixed hence they have a tendency to shift about a little.

The holster is identical to the anh version, only it now has full loops over the belt on the other hip, the blaster will face forward with the magazine facing away from the body.

554-1.jpg

556.jpg

553.jpg

552-1.jpg

Noel-- thanks for posting this up... I'm gonna go ESB as well, so now I can sit on my duff and just take notes from your thread. :D

You're welcome! Thanks for the info so far. (are you taking notes on your own info?) haha

And thanks Mark, you answered a lot of my questions.

The drop boxes are LOOPED over the belt too?! That's a new one to me. Got close up pictures of that by chance?

Going from ANH to ESB is easy. All you need is another helmet, a new belt holster set up, and different hand plates.

Oh, and I know that's all I NEED... but I'm using this as an excuse to get more armor and start new. The only armor I have for TK is FX, and now that I have TE2 sandtrooper I can't hardly stand to look at my FX. :P

Excellent!! Thank you!

Wow... yeah, I didn't know that.

I also never knew that the drop boxes on good kits had a front and back! I've only ever had them on my FX and they are just the fronts... very nice, thanks!

Excellent!! Thank you!

Wow... yeah, I didn't know that.

I also never knew that the drop boxes on good kits had a front and back! I've only ever had them on my FX and they are just the fronts... very nice, thanks!

My TM has 'em too.

Kev (OSCS) makes the backs for the suits that don't include 'em.

There's a run here somewhere.

I bought a set for the ATA, and they fit perfect. Reportedly, they'll work with any TE-based kit.

Kev (OSCS) makes the backs for the suits that don't include 'em.

... Reportedly, they'll work with any TE-based kit.

Nice. So, I presume, they don't come with TE2 sets. No problem... I could probably make something even... but I will keep Kev in mind too. B)

Wow this has turned out to be an amazingly helpful thread so far!

Thanks all-vryone!