Lawful suits.

Rolf

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the simple answer is 'wanna make armor? make your own molds' :)

Copy that.

Maybe the case is closed, the topic is over and done.

Thanks to all, for there time to reply... and tell us what you think/know about all this.

So we all can find our way through this armor jungle, and stay on the right track.

Peace out.

Move a long... move a long...

B-Checkpoint16.jpg

I guess the simple answer is 'wanna make armor? make your own molds' :)

Or how about...ask! It's the mature thing to do. There are established good routes to go - why not take one of those rather than one that isn't? I believe that we have set clear and IMHO (thought others disagree) fair rules that we apply equally. People can choose or not choose to follow them, but they should then be surprised at the outcome.

I've also stated where my thoughts on DIY comes from - if all people send me and talk about is the 1/2 that is pro full-on recasting and violently anti-501st then this is all I can base my judgement on. If DIY were open like C-E was for clones, it would be a non-issue as I'd be able to see the entire picture.

Rolf - since you started this thread are there any open questions left, or did you get the information you need?

I was kinda kidding there Paul :)

I think that if you're interested in making armor, like I am, It can be a little difficult to understand what's accepted practice, and what's not. I've done enough research, and have tried very hard not to step on any toes, and to act as honestly as I can. Heck, I asked for permission from the Detachment to ask for permission from the armorer. I've got acceess to a 3d printer, and do CAD work, so when I finally do make a suit, it will be 100% my own work. That being said to start with, I probably will just make a mold or 2 to make test pieces, and to learn how to correctly vacuum cast. I asked before what the detachment felt about modifying existing pieces, as I think IMHO that it would be acceptabble to get a basic size, and whatnot from pre-existing armor and hand make your own molds. But that's not recasting, at least not in my book.

Or how about...ask! It's the mature thing to do. There are established good routes to go - why not take one of those rather than one that isn't? I believe that we have set clear and IMHO (thought others disagree) fair rules that we apply equally. People can choose or not choose to follow them, but they should then be surprised at the outcome.

I've also stated where my thoughts on DIY comes from - if all people send me and talk about is the 1/2 that is pro full-on recasting and violently anti-501st then this is all I can base my judgement on. If DIY were open like C-E was for clones, it would be a non-issue as I'd be able to see the entire picture.

Rolf - since you started this thread are there any open questions left, or did you get the information you need?

Thanks for your reply Paul.

I´m all good, and wanna say thanks for your time to reply.

Here in the end, i like to be friends whit every one, and belief i am.

This is just a hobby, adult people dress up in 70/80´movie picture props.

I love the hobby and will never stop, trying to get my suits as good/accurate as i can.

So i just like to know, if i use good money and time on a new suits.

If its good, or not...

So far my armor buy is:

GF, AP, TM, TE2 (and i´m waiting for 4 Dan Laws TK/TD suits).

I think the CAP-WEST/ATA looks pretty cool, and to a very fair price.

So i just wanna hear if its a ok suit to buy, support, deploy in, make assemble topics pic off etc.

I guess the issue, are so sensitive because of:

1. Makers are getting money out of it, makers, and recasters.

2. Politics, what do you belief in, what do you support, what story´s have you heard.

3. Friendship, where do you come from, who to support/like.

4. Time used on molds, like the TM (lets hope he´s suit never!!! get recast).

Peace out, and troop on :td:

DIY forum member here, my mateys in the DIY have talent. You'de be surprised at just how much goes on there aside from "recasting". It's a different attitude altogether.

True CAP and TE had an "arrangement", what they won't tell you is TE's version of said arrangement changed from day to day, whim after whim. Well I've had my dealings with ol TE.......................................once bit, twice shy.

The rules at DIY are simple. Have a nice time, cut loose, but do not ever start piping up about recasting. That'll get you shut down quicker than goose poo flying through a tin horne. See, "recasting" as you like to call it is old as the hills. What good would it do to curse the day of a guy's birth? He's still been born and is walking the earth? DIY isn't anti 501st, most of us are 501st. How many non501st members have come into 501st forums and started these ugly flamewars? It's why I'm so scarce around here now. Talk about negativity.

Well over at DIY we want to concentrate on our thing. If we want drama we'll just take our gals out for a night on the town because they're so good lookin' there's bound to be trouble.:lol:

Why am I here now talking this smack? I'm a 501st member, loyal and true. I troop, I dig the 501st. That's why I'm here.

Get the suit you like and be happy with it. There is no fight except the fight we fight when we wear that suit to stand with our sick friends and fight Cancer, Paulsey, Hunger, and all the hundreds of other crummy things plaguing humanity.

These forums used to be a lot more fun back before those outsiders came in and got everyone at each other's throats. We gonna let them win?

I may have the CAP molds, but I'm still just good ol Scootch ;)