snaps/buttons for ab plate

I'm in the process of assembling everything, and unfortunately my armor didn't come with any of the extra tidbits... So, I'm not 100% sure of what I should use for the 9 black snaps for the ab plate.

Any recommendations of what type/size to use what be appreciated muchly.

-Ryan

First, if you haven't already got a pair, go pick up a pair of heavy duty suspenders. I got mine at Sears for about $8, but you can pick them up in just about any hardware store. TK-899's got a good tutorial over @ -----------ou'll probably have to make the back part of the suspenders shorter or you'll end up like I did on my first troops and had saggy trooper butt! :) If you're worried about the brown leather part of the suspenders showing, you can alway dye it later.

I can't remember what snaps I used, but I didn't attach them to the ab place. For the thigh pieces, I got a simple nylon belt, like the kind that you can find in sporting good shops that hold shot gun shells. Once I got the snaps on the elastic cords, I made a loop and put the belt through it.

I'll see if I can find what snaps I used, but someone else will probably post it before I find it.

EDIT: Wait, do you mean the ab plate buttons? I just drilled a hole for each, pushed them through, and hot glued the back. Or are they missing all together?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

Wait, do you mean the ab plate buttons? I just drilled a hole for each, pushed them through, and hot glued the back. Or are they missing all together?

Hey, thanks for the reply. :)

Yeah, they're missing all together. So, I was wondering what type to use.

No problem! That's what we're here for!

A guy in my garrison have actually canon buttons (grey and dark blue). He sells them for about $10. PM me your email and I'll have him get a hold of you.

That's pretty odd that the kit didn't come with it. Which armor kit is it, by the way?

Just got a hold of the guy. He does have some and is in the process of making more. Ryan, I PM'd him your email. TK-8020, PM me your email address and I'll send it off to him. I'm gonna see if he will come over here and post all the info plus pics.

Ryan where did you get that cylon armor? That would be the next coolest thing to be after a Stormtrooper.

That's not me in the pic. :(

I found it on someone's livejournal, and made an icon out of it.

Sorry about that.

-Ryan

No Carlos, I'm here. It just took me a few minutes to get squared away so that I could post here. Okay so what are we talking about here? Ab plate buttons? I've got some that I made up. They are metal, have a coat of primer, three coats of paint, and three coats of clear coat. I have three sets available, and I'm in the process of making up three more sets. This usually takes about four to five days. PM me for price, and paypal info.

rx9RcIB.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Hey, did anyone else order these?

I haven't received mine yet, and my PMs to the guy have, so far, gone unanswered...

Just curious.

Thanks,

-Ryan

I ordered them too. I just sent a message a couple days ago because I haven't heard anything either. I'm sure that they will be coming soon. :)

I ordered a set myself and just got in touch with him. He's been super swamped with things and I think everyone should be getting them soon.

Yes, I have been swamped, but I haven't forgotten about you guys. You should all have them by DC. One of the problems I've had, is the last coat of clear I put on them, dulled the hell out of them, so I'm having to do a little more work than I expected. I apologize for the delay, and I will have these out to you shortly.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, I have been swamped, but I haven't forgotten about you guys. You should all have them by DC. One of the problems I've had, is the last coat of clear I put on them, dulled the hell out of them, so I'm having to do a little more work than I expected. I apologize for the delay, and I will have these out to you shortly.

Aaron,

I recieved the buttons today and they look really nice. Do you have any suggestions for attaching other then just glue. I noticed that they are threaded, do you use a screw also?

I believe that makes them easier to put on via a twisting motion. The buttons for a TK are push in and a pain. I had wished the TK black butttons where threaded.

I recieved the buttons today and they look really nice. Do you have any suggestions for attaching other then just glue. I noticed that they are threaded, do you use a screw also?

• 1 month later...

If these button are the same as a snap head, once you get them through the Ab armor, use the snap flare tool and widen the inside. Then put a dab of hot glue on them to protect your undersuit from gettin grabbed, shredded, ripped, etc.