"Mystery Armor"

Hey Troops! So here are the pix I just took of my "Mystery Armor"....Stupid name because it's not really a mystery. It took some doing but I got it out of storage and shot a few pix and hope you guys enjoy them. Let me know any input as to what I should change or do to make it up to snuff. The belly plates were separate pieces that I never was given but the rest is complete I believe. I also have a bunch of shoulder bells and an extra belt if I screw one up. Any comments/suggestions would be welcomed!

yXojqVK.jpgfZg2nCg.jpg7Df5S8q.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

I think the leg battery belt would need up dating, and the cod piece looks really really flat.

first time i see this armor, and i thought i was one of the old guys here.......

So is this a guessing game?

:lol:

Matched parts on the legs, correctly sized chest and back with a split butt plate.

The forearms are matched and the insides sculpted. Same with the biceps. Matched with a sculpted inner.

Looks to be styrene. Untrimmed...

Early AP/GF. My .02

So is this a guessing game?

:lol:

Matched parts on the legs, correctly sized chest and back with a split butt plate.

The forearms are matched and the insides sculpted. Same with the biceps. Matched with a sculpted inner.

Looks to be styrene. Untrimmed...

Early AP/GF. My .02

Hmmm... I guess the chest plate isn't FX, is it?

Well now I'm just confused-- and curious. :):P

Why the weird notches in the backs of the knees on the thighs?

And the single, undetailed ring on the back?

dumspiro said:

Look at the chest armor seen from this perspective, it looks way more SA than the FX, which is more "flat".

Also, look at the thighs, which has the interesting curvatures on the tip similar to the TE-derived armor types.

This is sure a "mystery armor" if you ask me! Some armor parts do look like those from the new upgraded FX kit though.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Sorry to be so tardy on my replies but....you know life got in the way. A fellows got to work. Any way I put these pix up at the request of some of you guys and mostly just was looking for input from the community about how to make it more accurate. This is an early fan-sculpt of armor from around '94-'95 and way back then there wasn't nearly the resources for reference, such as this website, and we did the best we could. I know that it is unusual, but I think that with some work could be made into a really nice suit. I'm gonna do all the work myself and I finally (10+ years and a wife and children later!) am moving forward. I wore a friends build-up of the same armor for Halloween this year and had a blast, so I thought it was time for me to bite the bullet and build mine....or, and here's the big question for me, should I just buy a newer suit? I'm already buying a helmet (don't tell my wife :icon_eek:) and am kinda new and uncertain about what is what. I've been researching all the suits and reading past posts for info so I am forming my opinion about what suit I like if I purchase one but.....still not sure I should give up on this one. Is it possible to buy individual pieces from a maker? You guys rock and have really helped me out. Again any feedback is welcome! ;) I think I am gonna make my blaster myself too....PVC anyone? :P

94/95?

Man.. the forearms, Chest, Back, Ab, Kidney and Butt look like the ROTJ TE line up. It even has RODJ hands. The parts are matched, but that may be for its early stages. Might even be an Oakley, although I have never seen one.

If that's a custom full on sculpt, that is a bad an impolite person one. Almost as accurate as a current suit more or less.

TM mentioned the Don Post statue, and that may be. I have a bud with one, I am going to check it out. TM has a habit of being right. ;)

The Inner of all the arms look to be very basic. That is the main diff I see.

whoever said it was an AP or GF kit is really not the owner of those kits... anyone with an AP kit or a TM kit

knows instantly what they're looking at.

The forearms, shoulder bells and belt with it's moulded screw cover all look completely FAN made.

this fan sculpted armor is really not that bad... considering how old it is!

you can do a pretty good job for a costume on halloween and such... but for

much more... it would not be like getting into an AP or a TM kit.

have fun...