ESB E-11 = ANH or not?

FIVE

I thought the ESB E-11 was different than the ANH one... but looking on the new sci-fire.com they have their ANH blaster labeled as ---------

Is this right guys?!

If so, cool! I'm that much closer to being ESB!

I thought it was supposed to have the greeblies and all on it like the ROTJ. Maybe not. I have been known to be wrong on special occasions during years that end in 9s.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Not from what i remember when i did my research looooonggggg time ago. other then the ovious greeblies, the esb had a second box sling thingy in the front/side, the t-track were arrange different and there were 2 flash/heat vents,on each side of the muzzel.

and 1-2 other things i am not remembering.

Catbread said:
If I recall correctly, ESB blasters didnt have the dring attachment on the front... I'll see if I can find the thread.

EDIT: Here you go. -----

Cool! Thanks... so I was right that they're labeled wrong on that site.

I emailed Lewis about it just now... probably just a glitch. B)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Hey No1,

Here's a screen-grab of a background stormtrooper holding an E-11 in the carbonite scene, TESB:

--------

If you notice, the HENGSTLER counter is missing and the barrel is minus a T-track.

I've asked the guys at Sci-fire to fabricate an E-11 without the HENGSTLER counter for my TESB armor.

T :salute:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I've asked the guys at Sci-fire to fabricate an E-11 without HENGSTLER counter for my TESB armor.

No way! That'd be so sweet. I'm going to do an ESB trooper "next."

(of course that may be in 3 years... but...) :PB)

Thanks for that pic!!

From thepartsofstarwars:

"On the rear of the gun 3 small, circular, detail pieces were added to the right side. On the left were added two detail pieces possibly rifle hammers. We are still researching these pieces..."

So basically it's the plain Sterling Arms L2A3 submachine guns with T-tracks, short magazine, M-19 scope and the detail pieces.

http://www.partsofsw.com/e11esb.htm

HPDblues said:
Here's a screen-grab of a background stormtrooper holding an E-11 in the carbonite scene, TESB:

----------

If you notice, the HENGSTLER counter is missing and the barrel is minus a T-track.

That's what I thought was the ESB blaster...

the one with all the greeblies and rifle hammer thingys is a ROTJ, right? Or does anybody have any ESB screengrabs showing the ROTJ style guns? Watching ESB the other night, I only saw ANH style blasters without Hengstlers.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

No said:
And this is ESB / ROTJ...

--------

this blaster is ROTJ not ESB :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Pugmans stunt cast blaster was used by the Snow Troopers in esb and i think maybe some tk's?

But as a general rule the majority of E-11 were Sterlings with added t-track and scope and no counter.

I think the add on of the 3 round greeblies on the left and the hammer thingies on the right are discretional.

The Pugman is only a promo blaster used for pictures. In the movie, both stormtroopers and snowtroopers blasters did not have the extra greeblies from all the ones seen on screen.

FYI, I updated the EIB ESB blaster requirements based off of info from Billy Haggis (hope you don't mind me using images from you as well)

---------

Please lmk if they are not correct. Also, I moved them to MAY HAVE from SHOULD HAVE as they are from a promo and not seen on screen.

So, essentially the MUST HAVE is an ANH E-11 sans counter only?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

It's how it is now, at any rate. Hurry and get that EIB submitted Noel!

Hahaha... maybe I should just repaint my MR CE (again) and change my FX over to ESB. I did just trim down the chest plate today.

I can't afford to get more armor yet... plus I think I want TM's flexi armor when it's done for my ESB. And, if the requirements are more strict then it will just "force me" to get another blaster... darn the luck.

So, essentially the MUST HAVE is an ANH E-11 sans counter only?

Judging by that screen cap from the carbonite scene, it doesn´t look like they have the power cylinders (the two round tubes on top of the magazine well) either...Time for an ESB freeze frame session!

Judging by that screen cap from the carbonite scene, it doesn´t look like they have the power cylinders (the two round tubes on top of the magazine well) either...Time for an ESB freeze frame session!

Nope, what you are seeing is light through the scope rail, and the screw on the mag housing. Those two make it look like it has power cylinders.

Hey guys... check this out!

Whilst looking at screen grabs of ESB troopers (anyone know a good resource for those btw?) I noticed this shot of Lando and Lobot holding some confiscated E-11s. Look at the ends... some of them have the extra "level" on them!

------

Has anyone else caught this?

Did I actually just score a "good eye"? :D hahaha

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed