Who can identify this helmet?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it WAS TE who was responsible for these, so my quest stopped there.

Thought it might be. ;)

Shame it sounds like he made the T&C's for replication prohibitive. :(

Edited by carbonitekid

I wouldn't believe TE at all. Don't you find it a bit funny he just jumps right in when he thinks he can get a buck out of it? He's a waste of space.

Thats not to say I disagree with you on the origins of this helmet. I just don't believe TE was 'directly' involved.

Otherwise that is one hell of a casting mate. I do think you're crazy to be painting it though.. but each to their own I guess.

Regardless whether I can believe TE or not... he was still apparently the only one who could provide the truth about the cast... and this was what he provided, so that still ends my quest, unless someone else who knows can come out and shed some additional light on this to corroborate or dismiss TE's claim. As it stands... the history is as TE stated it.

Edited by Too Much Garlic

Mods, I think this is as close to the truth as we can come, for now, so though I'm not the topic starter, but I'm the current owner of this cast, could you please rename the thread to "TE RotJ Fiberglass Helmet" with the subtitle "Mystery Solved" and have the thread moved to the TE derived armor section!? Would be much appreciated.

This is the response I got from TE:

OK the owner is me. I started to get these made back in the day and the person that did the actual work is and will remain anonymous. It is cast off of a real helmet as you know, but not the one I owned. About 8 of these were made is all. My old partner has one and you have one.

Yeah. It gives some credence to my observations, but still also doesn't explain the similarities, such as the way the stripes in the tear and rear traps matching up and the damage to the right tube decal matching details faintly seen on my cast. Either the stripes in the traps were done from a template, making similar cut-out stripes in the traps on several helmets... or... something is not right with the explanation. It's really weird.

Yep, really strange. Especially considering that the original helmet he owned is a "Hero" ROTJ and the only one we know.

I say "Hero" ROTJ because it seems to be a mix between the ROTJ mark1 reused ESB mark2 (ANH/ESB mic tips and ears, paper decals, square frown) and the mark2 (machined mic tips, ugly left ears, silkscreened decals, rounded frown).

Matt's original helmet (the one exposed at Comic Con by The Propstore of London) have machined mic tips, silkscreened decals and rounded frown...but strangely, ANH/ESB ears style and a faceplate which looks more to the ROTJ mk1 style than the "doggy" style of the ROTJ mk2.

I don't know if I'm really clear, but according to me, this helmet is unique (until we discover another one ^^).