My first troop

TKCaleb

Yea, im definately going to beware of the little ones. I do not mind giving high fives or taking pictures, but im not trying to have some kid come up from behind and glomp me.

In fact, im going to wear a big sign on my back that says DO NOT GLOMP!

I was pleasantly surprised to learn that little kids are usually pretty sweet and well-behaved when you're in costume, but they do tend get excited and often come rushing up to you, so it's easy to lose track of 'em.

Once they get close to you, it becomes really hard to see where they're at.

As we all know, it's damn-near impossible to look down when you have the bucket on, and if they try and hug you, or latch on to your leg, they're pretty much invisible.

I have to be careful not to "glomp" THEM. :D

Kids are usually nothing but fun -- unless they have toy lightsabers.

Then they just can't wait to take a swing at ya'.

Nip that crap in the bud. :D

If you see a little ankle-biter squaring off in a batting stance, just shake your head or wag your finger.

The helmet generally freaks 'em out a little bit, so it usually does the trick. ;)

I've only been out a few times, but I haven't really had any problems, thankfully.

The only people I got any static from was 1 or 2 meatheads on Halloween, and that was 'cause they were tanked.

Even then, I gave 'em a "WTF?" gesture and they knocked it off.

9 times out of 10, people just want your picture, tell you you're cool, or ask about the armor.

It's definitely a kick.

I hope you have a blast!

I always try to remember to bring my Trooper´s First Aid Kit; including super glue, gaffer´s tape, white electrical tape, a multitool (like a Swiss army knife or a Leatherman), extra snaps and a pair of snap pliers, straps, velcro, a small bottle of anti-fog and a pack of tissues to wipe off the lenses, and extra batteries, if you have a voice changer/amplifier. Depending on how long you plan to stay in armor, and how confident you feel about your shoes, adding a blister plaster (like Compeed) on your heels before you start trooping may save you a lot of discomfort later. Or at least keep a few in your kit. If you´re trooping with a painted blaster, like a converted Hasbro, a black marker will quickly cover up any spots of white where the paint has rubbed off. That´s all I keep in my kit, I think...

Have fun, and good luck!

All of the above. ;)

I assume you're referring to Nekocon. Garrison Tyranus will have several members there - including the GML - and will be running both a fan table and armor panel. I haven't seen you on the GT board, so I doubt anyone from the garrison other than myself knows your coming (I won't be there, I've got another committment for this weekend). I suggest you hook up with them as soon as you get there, they should be able to help with changing/storage space and other onsite assistance.

You have a great costume and should you decide to join the garrison, you'll be the only ROTJ TK we have. Your costume would provide an excellent visual aid as to the differences between an ANH/ESB and ROTJ trooper, and what a screen-accurate TK should look like.

What everyone else has said Caleb.

Also watch out for kiddies heads with your blaster. They are usually just under your limit of vision and I almost bashed one on the head a while back ( thanks to a great spotter for preventing that ). I have now made a habit of raising the blaster a little after moving out of a photo pose, just in case. ;)

Enjoy it bro...!

Darren

I agree with moving carefully so as not to knock anybody over that you can't see. When I've been roaming, and want to turn around and walk the opposite way, I stop, do a little shuffle with my feet in one spot in order to turn myself around and then start walking. In the past I've had close calls if I don't look first and take it slow.