ATA armor...

I'm still in the middle of putting mine together... but I would say it's more than tough enough for trooping.

You'll need to be just *slightly* more careful with the helmet than some of the other buckets out there, as it is noticeably thinner, but it still quite solid, I think.

The body armor is a heavier gauge plastic, so I don't think you'll have any cause to worry there.

Like any kit, you probably don't want to roll around on the asphalt, or do any UFC cage-fighting in it, but I think it'll hold up just fine to the normal rigors of trooping.

Sgt JB said:
Yes it is good enough to troop in. I'm very happy with my ATA armor.

skcUgkI.jpg

Great pic JB!!

That is a good lookin suit!!

I can see a little white elastic though at your left shoulder and right drop box.

Did you build it yourself??

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

That's not white elastic at the bicep, it's black elastic which is the screen accurate way to secure it. Also, the drop boxes are correctly attached with white elastic.

You might want to research the numerous ATA topic threads and builds on here. There's lots of info on ATA available and it's fine for trooping.

That's not white elastic at the bicep, it's black elastic which is the screen accurate way to secure it. Also, the drop boxes are correctly attached with white elastic.

You might want to research the numerous ATA topic threads and builds on here. There's lots of info on ATA available and it's fine for trooping.

Yeah, I'm doing lots of reading!

I didnt mention the bicep though. Its the shoulder, where you can see white elastic.

Really a great looking suit!

There's no white elastic anywhere in my build. there are 1" canvas straps attaching my drop boxes to the belt. all other straps are either black nylon, or elastic. if you're referring to the white on the left shoulder area (shown in red) that is a white gap between the black body suit, and a black elastic strap holding down my shoulder bell, which is accurate.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

If you're referring to the shoulder straps (underneath the bumpy plastic ones) they can be black or white as far as I know.

There's no requirements, either EIB, or for the 501st, regarding the elastic/webbing under the shoulder straps.

From the photos I've seen, I think the move suits used white nylon webbing.

BTW-- Eric, I've said it before, but that rig looks SICK!

• 2 weeks later...

I know there are a whole bunch of ATA threads out there, but this one seemed close to what I was wondering.

I was thinking about going ATA for a TD build. My concern is me being 6'1" and about 210. My current FX fits me well, and I could stand to lose a few. Would the ATA require excessive shimming and adjusting? I've never really been able to compare an FX derived suit to a TE/AP/ATA style suit in person, so any help would be great.

I'm 6'2" about 190 - 195. I left a little room in the belly, and my kidney and ab plates connect with velcro so it's adjustable, so I don't think you'd have a problem. Dougie, if you keep saying things like that I won't be able to get my helmet on with my inflated head :) thanks again for the compliments.

ATA is what i will be getting when the time comes havent heard a bad word about it and the dude is very nice and gets back to you with the quickness. im working on blaster now and hope to start armor after i spend too much for christmas.

ATA is what i will be getting when the time comes havent heard a bad word about it and the dude is very nice and gets back to you with the quickness. im working on blaster now and hope to start armor after i spend too much for christmas.

Ain't that the truth. :D I haven't even finished my bucket but still love it anyways. B)