HIPS eBay set

Debater2nd

Could someone tell me what this is? I've been looking around on the forums, but all I've managed to find out is that HIPS is thinner material (possibly more detailed?), and some people seemed to say it had good detail. I'm still trying to learn about the different armor types, but this is a new one for me. Plus, the seller referred to the 501st, which only made me more curious to see what people on here thought. Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-PT-Stormtroo...#ht_1133wt_1167

Stay away from from Ebay!!!!!!!

This armor vendor is a no no he has been kick out of here and many place. Use your search engine and research why.

Plz dont take this the wrong way but every thread u have started so far, u would have found your own answer if u did research. U can make a thread out of every thing and not do any work yes..... but that will only make ppl stop helpping u out becuase u are not showing and real or serious intrest in doing your own work.

PLZ dont go or use Ebay as a place to look for armor ( research why so that u find out, why ppl keep telling u not to go or use ebay)

Asking for our opinion is great, but u need to get one of your own and that will only happen if u educate your self in the stormtrooper world and thats here in the FISD not E-bay or any other place on line, start here and only go to links that u find in here.

And like i said plz dont take this as a attack, i just dont want u to get 8 balled and tagged as the "e-bay kid"

After u make the 501st and EIB and have speent some time trooping, come back to this and your first threads nd u will see for your self what i am trying to steer u away from......

I gotta say, I'm getting really gun-shy about posting on here. As I said in almost all of my earlier posts, I'm looking for information. I have looked at many other threads, and the reason for this post was to find out about THIS suit, rather than read general comments. I am not looking to buy anything right now, but I am trying to figure out all of the information that I need to know to be effective.

I know this post sounds kind of irritable, and I do apologize for that. My goal isn't to be combative, but I'm not sure why I'd get tagged as an "ebay "kid"" when I haven't bought anything from there. As it turns out, when I am ready to buy, I have consulted members of my local unit, and I have some good leads from very reputable sources...I am doing my homework. This was just part of the process.

In all sincerity, thanks for your opinion and concern. I certainly don't mean to belittle that. Incidentally, is armor supposed to bend like it does in his pictures?

Stay away from from Ebay!!!!!!!

This armor vendor is a no no he has been kick out of here and many place. Use your search engine and research why.

Plz dont take this the wrong way but every thread u have started so far, u would have found your own answer if u did research. U can make a thread out of every thing and not do any work yes..... but that will only make ppl stop helpping u out becuase u are not showing and real or serious intrest in doing your own work.

PLZ dont go or use Ebay as a place to look for armor ( research why so that u find out, why ppl keep telling u not to go or use ebay)

Asking for our opinion is great, but u need to get one of your own and that will only happen if u educate your self in the stormtrooper world and thats here in the FISD not E-bay or any other place on line, start here and only go to links that u find in here.

And like i said plz dont take this as a attack, i just dont want u to get 8 balled and tagged as the "e-bay kid"

After u make the 501st and EIB and have speent some time trooping, come back to this and your first threads nd u will see for your self what i am trying to steer u away from......

i know lots of peps dont like ebay for armor but its usefull for other things during your build. i think the thing is that lots of people recast armor they have bought and try to make money. this not only gives poor quality but also hurts the rest of as we actualy dont have rights. that being said....

not sure what that armor is, i do like the flex it has though, i have seen one other on here that had a bend like that (actualy way more flex) but was abs plastic and it was a TM and i didnt think is was in production yet. but looks kool as i hear its hard to move around, bend over, pick things up, use restroom, kill kitens, or hug loved ones while geared up.

takes time to get the right stuff, prob the most repeated line here is "dont rush" ther are lots of kool people on here very willing to lend a hand or just point you to the spot you need to be.

have fun with it :lol:

Yeah, the flex was what had me curious. I'm not really used to seeing plastic bend like that. I kind of wonder if the detail is good enough to justify that type of casting...I would be concerned about warping.

i know lots of peps dont like ebay for armor but its usefull for other things during your build. i think the thing is that lots of people recast armor they have bought and try to make money. this not only gives poor quality but also hurts the rest of as we actualy dont have rights. that being said....

not sure what that armor is, i do like the flex it has though, i have seen one other on here that had a bend like that (actualy way more flex) but was abs plastic and it was a TM and i didnt think is was in production yet. but looks kool as i hear its hard to move around, bend over, pick things up, use restroom, kill kitens, or hug loved ones while geared up.

takes time to get the right stuff, prob the most repeated line here is "dont rush" ther are lots of kool people on here very willing to lend a hand or just point you to the spot you need to be.

have fun with it :lol:

Armor aside, it's more the seller we're recommending you stay away from. He's been banned and no longer a 501st Legion member as has been stated, and his reputation is no longer something we can recommend.

I have bits and pieces from PT. -Chest/Back/Biceps/etc because I wanted accurate armor made out of High Gloss HIPS. (Which is almost impossible to get in the USA). PT was relatively inexpensive, honest, and even gave me some extra pieces for FREE! I was able to trim it very quickly with scissors and assemble the entire upper half of my armor in an few hours.

-That being said, there are lots of armor makers here on the FISD who are also honest and make awesome armor. TE2, CAP West, Trooper Master, ATA. Look around and do your research. Cost was an issue for me and as I mentioned, I didn't want to have to paint my plastic. I HATE SPRAY PAINTING. So PT was a great option for me.

honest

If he was that he wouldn't be in the position he occupies right now. FISD does not condone promotion of unauthorised recasts, or recasters. Please keep your recommendations off-board.

If he was that he wouldn't be in the position he occupies right now. FISD does not condone promotion of unauthorised recasts, or recasters. Please keep your recommendations off-board.

He was honest with me. Period. I just thought that since everyone was slagging him that I'd post my experience with him out of fairness. FISD shouldn't be one-sided.

Just want to chime in and say that I too have a full PT set of armor, am very happy with it and couldn't find any dishonesty in my transactions. I feel it has to be okay to speak freely and give the guy a break. He provides quality and is extremely helpful and friendly when communicating with customers.

Think of recasting what you will, but be fair towards the person if he's friendly, stays true to what he promises and is not in it for some inappropriate profit.

I'm all for the community, but I love me some affordable quality armor.

That's my 2cents.

End of short rant. ;)