STORMTROOPERS AND CLONE TROOPERS ON THE TODAYS SHOW 10-30-09

Hey Brian, You guys did an AWESOME! JOB on the the C3PO suit. What technique did you guys use for the gold finish?

Chroming / electroplating?

Vacuum-Metalising?

FantaChrome / Cosmic Chrome (3pt spray)

Bernard said:
We made the C-3PO for Kathy Lee Gifford. Too bad they didn't have more money for new molds and a better body to fit the suit on. We made it in a week and a half.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

RogueTrooper said:
Hey Brian, You guys did an AWESOME! JOB on the the C3PO suit. What technique did you guys use for the gold finish?

Chroming / electroplating?

Vacuum-Metalising?

FantaChrome / Cosmic Chrome (3pt spray)

-----------

We vacuum formed a gold plated mylar plastic over the heavy plastic.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

WOW! thanks for the info..

Did they keep the 3PO suit or what?

We vacuum formed a gold plated mylar plastic over the heavy plastic.

Had a great time, it was a real experience. Here are the photos I got and one from the Today's show site with me in the background.

todayshow01.jpg

todayshow02.jpg

todayshow03.jpg

todayshow04.jpg

todayshow05.jpg

todayshow06.jpg

todayshow07.jpg

todayshow08.jpg

todayshow09.jpg

todayshow10.jpg

todayshow11.jpg

todayshow12.jpg

todayshow13.jpg

todayshow14.jpg

todayshow15.jpg

Wow. Just WOW.

:duim::duim::duim::duim:

It was not a RoTJ suit, it was a promotional TK suit LFL had made a long time ago. Mary said they stopped using them, because they ar not very good looking (rubies looks better) and they have us :-) She said that we do a better job on our armor, and are better stormtroopers than they can get, so they use us. Seems like a fair deal to me :)

That, and the cost to LFL for our services is fairly reasonable. :lol:

Very cool. I just wish they hadn't said on the slideshow that the stormtroopers had been provided from Lucasfilm Ltd., only partially true. No mention of the 501st at all. Oh well, we know who the real stars of the day were! Good job guys!

I saw the clip of the making, great work and she commented on how expensive it was. Still turned out great for the time invested.

"and a better body to fit the suit on" Funny man :D :D

How much to make a custom suit for a short thick body in a week and a half? Full out with all new molds would probably cost 20K+. They got that suit for $7K, then I have to listen to an annoying anchor complain about it being expensive. She probably makes a million plus salary. She is really annoying, I don't see how she keeps her job. Maybe it is just so people can enjoy hating her.

WOW! thanks for the info..

Did they keep the 3PO suit or what?

Mary said that NBC returned the suit to LFL. She said she didn't know what to do with it. I offered my address and to pay shipping :P

Mary said that NBC returned the suit to LFL. She said she didn't know what to do with it. I offered my address and to pay shipping :P

The Today Show paid for the C3PO so i am assuming they will keep it. I have told the costume designer we are interested in taking it back if they have no use for it.

they returned it to Mary, that's all I know. She was in DC saying she didn't know where it was going to go. BTW another pic, This is of me and Sara Haines, she's another co-host

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 4 weeks later...