Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lots if not correctly done. Things I'd still check for:

Ā 

1) Button colors not correctly painted

2) Incorrect blaster

3) Non-canvas belt

4) Holster mounted on wrong side or with visible straps on the outside of the belt

5) Incorrect colored traps/tears

6) Incorrect colored tube stripes

7) Mis-matched hero/stunt details (e.g. flat green lenses + three teeth per side)

8) Mis-matched movie details (grey traps + black frown with lips painted)

9) Snow trooper hand plates on an otherwise ANH trooper

10) Incorrect mic tips

11) Riveting the shoulder straps

Ā 

That's off the top of my head...

Ā 

Didnt a few trooper suits have a leather belt in ANH? Looks like it to me.

hey...it only has one screw in the ear :unsure:

Ā 

After doing some research (which I probably should have done before I started this), I found several shots on the SDS web site that show the Hero lids only had the one screw on top of the gray cover. The stunt lids had two per side.

Ā 

Ā 

Here is the Hero bucket straight from the SDS web site.

sds-Herop2-08.jpg

Ā 

This is the stunt and hero side by side:

sdsstunthero_01.JPG

Ā 

This was a great spot for better info, and what I finally got to use as a reference (with a lot of help from Paul, thanks man!!)

Ā 

I know my bucket is FX, so there are things about it I just can't fix, thus my recent purchase of a new lid that I will due in stunt mode.

Ā 

:trooper:

Only screen grabs count. You're right the hero helmets had only the top screw and almost all of the stunts had two, but I did find a cap from the Tantive IV assault scene with only the top screw, talking to Vader (that's Lord Vader to you).

Ā 

EDIT: I checked again and the trooper in question is actually wearing a Hero helmet. Ahhh...so not just Luke & Han wore them.

Ā 

OK, so in the interest of having everything in one place, Scott can you take some new full set photos of you in costume, showing off your changes?

Ok, this is my last attempt. If this is a no-go, then I will wait and get my Stunt helmet done and try again:

Ā 

ANHshot1.jpg

ANHShot2.jpg

ANHshot3.jpg

I even added the screws on the side (only 1 on top), per SDS hero guidelines!

I thought this was a good shot to show what I started with [ENCOURAGEMENT FOR OTHER FX's OUT THERE]!!

bucketcloseupfinal.jpg

Ā 

Let me know!!

Ā 

Ā 

I think the frown looks much better now, before it was looking a little rotj imho.

I totally agree, now that I know the difference.

Ā 

I will try to see when I can get suited back up and take more pics. I am speaking to and walking with a school on Friday to support JDRF, so maybe then.

Sorry to ask yet again for more pix Scott - you've been very patient! Doing so however also gives us shots to post on the Mark deployed boards as well, and ensures there is consistent judging of costumes.

After doing some research (which I probably should have done before I started this), I found several shots on the SDS web site that show the Hero lids only had the one screw on top of the gray cover. The stunt lids had two per side.

Here is the Hero bucket straight from the SDS web site.

sds-Herop2-08.jpg

Ā 

This is the stunt and hero side by side:

sdsstunthero_01.JPG

Ā 

This was a great spot for better info, and what I finally got to use as a reference (with a lot of help from Paul, thanks man!!)

Ā 

I know my bucket is FX, so there are things about it I just can't fix, thus my recent purchase of a new lid that I will due in stunt mode.

Ā 

Ā 

I know :D ...I was just giving you a hard time :P

also the hero helmets only had a 3 bud ear cap that SDS has failded to put in his helmet.

DockingBay2301.jpg

I have gone threw the trouble of moding my Hero helmet ear caps to match. >.<

wow! now that is what I cal dedication! :duim::salute:

I know :D ...I was just giving you a hard time :P

Ā 

Thanks, although I am not sure how much more I can take. Maybe I will just wait and try and get my Stunt helmet done before I do any more. Although I am sure that will have to be redone and revisited and changed and modified and.........

Ā 

Sorry, just a little discouraged, as well as feeling a little inadequate, as if I should already know all this. Just seems like I still need to make 1,000 changes to make sure it is OK by all.

Ā 

I am done for now.

Remember that the standard wasn't created to make a suit 100% movie accurate. The idea is to raise the quality bar for suits to ensure that they capture accurately the correct and essential movie elements.

Ā 

Let's get 50 TK's Mark deployed, then we can talk about raising the bar higher :)

Remember that the standard wasn't created to make a suit 100% movie accurate. The idea is to raise the quality bar for suits to ensure that they capture accurately the correct and essential movie elements.

Ā 

Let's get 50 TK's Mark deployed, then we can talk about raising the bar higher :)

yeah 50 is a good number, too bad, it is goin to take me a while before I am done with mine :(

Scott... I feel it?s great!!!

I would pass the helmet on!!

Ā 

i actually modded mine by following your steps!!!

Ā 

Don?t feel discouraged please!

Ā 

You?re doing an impressive and excellent job on this mod!!!

Finish it please!!

A question:

Ā 

What is the maximum gap between the kidney and ab plate. I don't want to put a piece between them. It just doesn't look right to me ( I would rather have the gap).

As I understand the standards for Deployment, none. Most of the ANH shots I have seen do not have a gap.

Ā 

I used a plastic trash can and cut the sides off to give me a somewhat flexible piece. I then cut it down for the right height, used E6000 to attach it to the ABS on the kidney plate, then attached velco on the inside of my ab plate and the outside of the new plastic. I did have to add some rivets to the new plastic, as the adhesive did not want to hold after attaching and removing. 3 rivets worked wonders.

Ā 

Hope this helps,

Ā 

I think it's one of those items that can be eye-balled. It would be awful tough to put this in an exact number.

So...does Scott get his deployment status? :unsure: I personally think he has done a great job bringing his stuff up to par...it isn't that easy doin that to an FX kit :unsure::)

Alright, I did not give up, and I went ahead and got new submission pics done.

Ā 

Enjoy!!

Ā 

Submit1.jpg

Ā 

o Neck seal

Neckseal2.jpg

o Correctly colored ab plate buttons

submit4.jpg

o Seperate kidney and butt plates instead of a single back plate

o Canvas or canvas covered belt

o No side gaps between ab/kidney plates. Gaps may be covered with plastic, vinyl, or similar substance

Submit3.jpg

o Holster must be attached to the belt from behind instead with no loops covering the outside of the belt

o Holster is worn on the left

Submit2.jpg

o No visible rivets on shoulder straps

submit6.jpg

* Helmet Details

o Grey painted frown

o Blue tube stripes

o Grey traps / teardrops with black lines on rear traps & tears

o Black Hovi-Mix cast ?tusks?

o Conform to either Hero or Stunt options below

Hero Configuration

+ Bubble smoke lenses

+ Six cut teeth (3 / side) on frown

submit5.jpg

* E-11 Blaster

o Scratch-built, resin cast, hyperfirm rubber cast, or modified toy blaster.

o Must include Hengstler counter on left side of weapon

Blaster2.jpg

Ā 

I think this should do it!!

Ā 

Let the flogging begin :rolleyes::lol:

Ā 

Dargas, Daetrin; you guys are up!!!!!

COOL!!!

Ā 

I will say that I wondered if it was going to be worth it, but I think it is. Certainly something I can take pride (but not too much) in.

Ā 

Now let's see Paul's and Richards!!

Ā 

Who's next??