MRCE and picture taking.

I guess by now we all that this helmet sometimes seems to be a different color than the armor when photographed. Why is this? It looks the same to the naked eye. And it only seems (to me) that this off color seems way more pronounced in full frontal shots more than side or three quarter shots.

Does it have something to do with the flash on the camera? None of my pics without flash have this problem. And sometimes you have to use a flash. Anybody know a way to overcome this? I'm tired of my troop shots looking like two different colors of white plastic. Really looks strange in some shots. Sometimes downright horrible.

I guess by now we all that this helmet sometimes seems to be a different color than the armor when photographed. Why is this? It looks the same to the naked eye. And it only seems (to me) that this off color seems way more pronounced in full frontal shots more than side or three quarter shots.

Does it have something to do with the flash on the camera? None of my pics without flash have this problem. And sometimes you have to use a flash. Anybody know a way to overcome this? I'm tired of my troop shots looking like two different colors of white plastic. Really looks strange in some shots. Sometimes downright horrible.

different paints react differently to different types of light. Armor might look fine in sunlight & yellow light but look wrong in more neutral light like florescence , which camera flashes are neutral.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do than get new armor, or paint it.

I have a CAP High Gloss HIPS helmet that is awesome, but it makesmy FX armor look almost pink!!! I hated it so I bought new shoulders, chest, biceps, and back in High Gloss HIPS to blend in to the rest of my FX. -And it looks great.

IMHO, I love the FX ABS, it's very durable, but the color doesn't match any other plastic particularly well.

****** The helmets didn't match the rest of the armor in the films either..... So, you might as well not worry about it.

Sounds like one material is more light-reflective than the other. Plus, most of the new point-and-shoot cameras have chips with facial-recognition capabilities and they tend to give greater exposure to people's heads.

You might be able to override the white balance in the camera and lower the sensitivity, but that will throw off the exposure, and possibly the color, for everything else in your shots as well.

Seems like an easier way to fix it would be to open your pics in Photoshop and manually adjust them. You can either use the bezier tool to draw a shape around your head and use the brightness-contrast slider to make it match, or use the magic want tool with a low color tolerance and play with the brightness, or the whte-to-black levels.