1st ISD exclusive femtrooper pics!

As a way to say thanks for the warm welcome, I did a quick shoot tonight for all my 1st ISD friends! The intro pics I took were quick snapshots to see how it looked.

I put a bit of work into my butt plate, but did not get many pics before since I felt self-concious with no detonator! Now that is done too! I could not find a single pic of sithvixen's butt. Some pics looked like no cod-piece or butt plate at all, just maybe a white bikini bottom. Others have a cod plate. I like how mine turned out!

All 25+ pics are on webshots:

I'll post a few highlights!

Thank you again to all for being so nice and welcoming!

Julie

2804116150105769788S600x600Q85.jpg

2843551460105769788S600x600Q85.jpg

2009412660105769788S600x600Q85.jpg

2518628680105769788S600x600Q85.jpg

2936106560105769788S600x600Q85.jpg

2639622000105769788S600x600Q85.jpg

2409462090105769788S600x600Q85.jpg

2637601700105769788S600x600Q85.jpg

2124383650105769788S600x600Q85.jpg

2843066010105769788S600x600Q85.jpg

2371020000105769788S600x600Q85.jpg

2659744140105769788S600x600Q85.jpg

2343424760105769788S600x600Q85.jpg

:wub:

Looking good! I do recommend putting some flat gray paint on the TD canister. :)

I could not find a single pic of sithvixen's butt.

I'll bet someone out there has a few. :lol:

char_feng_image44.JPG

Some things I see... Hope you are cool with some observations.

First, man... Rivets kill a set of armor to me. Paint them white to match. It will look better. You are a small frame, so lots of trimming and fitting is needed. PITA, but well worth it. I think you could pull off a set like the one above. Granted, that is a drawing, the real world armor will fit a tad different, but you get the idea.

Painting the TD is a big help, as the guys said above.

Your chest and back armor could be a little more fitting to you as well. Forearms need sized to take away the bell shape. Because you are smaller, may want to shorten them a tad. For the thighs could trim them down from the top to be a little more comfy as they look as if they pinch. Where your knees bend is a trim point as well, those will kill you in about oh... 10 minutes. ;)

Troop on! :D

Thanks Nathan! I am honored you said you think I could pull off that look! She almost looks corseted, which I have dabbled with. A black satin corset under the femtrooper armor might be pretty hot too! I LOVE her heels!

I can trim more easily, I was trying to be careful and do as little trimming as I could to keep the proportions. I agree the forearms 'bell' a lot, it would be easy to take an inch out of each seam and re-glue.

Do you think I should 'V' cut the tops of the things like the rendering? I really like that look too!

I'd love to have a custom set like either of those renderings! :)

I am going to rework the forearms tonight. I am going to cut them down the join seam and tighten them up. Will also shorten them some. I realized last night they are so awkward I will have a hard time drinking or anything. :o

Will post my results!

I also need to fab a holster for the blaster. Nothing fancy, just a loop off the belt will work for now!

On my TD, I saw how people had the vertical stripe of piping exposed on the sides, I purposely made mine more narrow since my waist is small. The ABS molded pieces are fairly well glued on, the only way to really make a stripe would be paint now.

I did plan on painting the rivets, will do that tonight as well. B)

O_o OH WOW!!!! :wub:

I think we need to have More PICS!!! this way we can make CRL for this costume!!!

what u guys think!!!

Actually I'm thinking if you're going to stay fem then the customs are awesome and you'll rock it well. If you want to go full board FISD stormtrooper, you should be able to get some specific parts (chest, back, ab, butt) and new boots (those won't work). You can get FX parts from Deckard on these boards, but you may also want to consider AP parts as they'll be smaller to start with.

Thanks guys! I put some major surgery into the forearms tonight. I really like one, the other not so much!

I took about one more inch of all the joints. The plast is so stiff, it did not want to flex. so the first one I glued and riveted one side (I know you guys hate them, but it is strong, and I am not going for authentic!) then I wrapped it with tape andheated in the oven. It worked OK, but warped a bit inbetween the rivets. The other I glued and riveted one edge straight, then heated that and wrapped it while it was hot. Much smoother bends.

Still, both will work OK for now. MUCH tighter on my arms, and a better look. I also shortened them one inch, and V cut the elbow bend. I went back and painted all my rivets white too :)

Getting there!

Actually I'm thinking if you're going to stay fem then the customs are awesome and you'll rock it well. If you want to go full board FISD stormtrooper, you should be able to get some specific parts (chest, back, ab, butt) and new boots (those won't work). You can get FX parts from Deckard on these boards, but you may also want to consider AP parts as they'll be smaller to start with.

I do have a ABD and back plate, but def need a new butt. boots, and a helmet too. I am about maxed out on spending right now, but hopefully later!

What should I do for a better look on the TD?

To make it easier for all, here is a .zip file of all those pics. I give all troopers permission to post these pics any where you see fit as long as it is not for profit :D

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ky5mztwn2zy

Thanks, that's pretty cool of you to package up your photos in a convienent .zip format. Makes for much faster downloading. ^_^

As far as the TD goes, I would cover the parts that are supposed to be white (end caps and control panel) in blue painters tape, which you can get it at Home Depot, Lowes, or just about anywhere paint is sold for home decorating purposes. Cover enough to protect from accidental overpaint, then use a brush to hand-paint the part that's supposed to be gray.

If your TD isn't permanently attached to the butt plate, you could also cover the control panel and end caps in newspaper taped down with painters tape and just hit the rest of it with gray spray paint.

Great job so far, Julie!

Always great to see another Fem in the ranks. :)

I just saw my new rank! :smiley-sw013: Chief Femtrooper! :smiley-sw013:B)

Thank you, it is an honor!

Is there a signature banner expert here? I made mine quick, but my skills are weak on photo-shop!

Julie