TK pumpkin template

Sgt JB

Pm me you email addy and I'll send you a couple. They're not amazing but the only ones I could find......

Please send them my way as well.. carving mine Wednesday..

Here is a TK stencil for ya!!!!

tksp.thumb.jpg.1fe3f529b09e907acb9bff5e68af5b35.jpg

* For starters you need to make sure you have the right equipment to carve with. A lot of grocery stores will have pumpkin carving kits around Halloween, the most common are the Pumpkin Masters™ sets. These usually include a drill tool, poker, a safety saw, a detail saw and a scoop. The safety saw is often included for young children, but with Pumpkin Crazy stencils, we'll want to be using the detailed saw.

* After most of the innards have been removed, start to scrape the inside walls. The smoother the walls the better the results will be later so try and get them as even as possible. You can also affect the strength of the carving by the thickness of the walls, so a pumpkin will be easier to carve if the walls are thin, but might not last as long for your display.

* Now you've prepared the pumpkin for carving you'll need to transfer the printed pattern onto your pumpkin. Cut out the general shape of the design as well as small snips inside, away from any of the gray areas. These small snips will alow the pattern to wrap around the pumpkin more easily.

* Once you've cut out the whole pattern into a more manageable shape, tape it down onto your pumpkin and try and make sure its on as smooth as possible.

* Using the poking tool, start to a very impolite person the black outline of the pattern onto the pumpkin.You will be removing/carving out ONLY the GRAY AREAS . Some of the more recent Pumpkin Masters™ carving kits include a poking wheel that alow you to poke long lines and gradual curves more easily. After you've finished poking through the whole pattern, remove it from the pumpkin but keep it for reference.

* Following the dots you have created with the poker, use the detail saw to cut out the smaller, central peices of your carving. By working from the inside to the outer edges and starting with the smaller sections, the carving should maintain its rigidity. Remember to hold the saw like a pencil while sawing and try not to twist it, If you need to turn a corner, remove the saw and reinsert it at the right angle.

* The carving should really be shaping up now and you should start to see the features of your chosen design emerging. After you've finished on the smaller and central parts, move on to the outer sections with caution, these and the larger sections are more likely to cause instability.

* After you've finished carving out all the pieces, look to see if there are any areas that could be neatened up. A scaple or X -Acto knife can be used to trim the edges, but kids you'll need to get an adult to help with this.

But your carving won't really come into its own until its lit!!!!

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

I saw this on a poser at my college, pretty cool idea too and not too difficult, just looks a little time consuming though since there aren't really any specifics to it besides the ring around the middle and the divot for the main cannon. Everything else is just how you want to design it really.

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021