FX or ANH, dumb question

OK, this may be a dumb question, but I have the opprotunity to get a set of ANH armor for the same price as a set of FX. I am wanting to do my next armor set as a TX (Black Hole Trooper), and a guy in our local garrison can do it in a ANH mold (without trimming) for the same as I could get an FX set.

Now, I want to give the biz to a local guy, and I also think ANH would be a great second set to work on, but I would value your input. What are the pluses/minus here? Are there any? Am I dumb just for considering the FX? Are there gotchas to doing my own trimming?

You tell me, that is why I ask.

Thank guys!!!

I think it all depends on what your contact's ANH armor looks like :unsure: do you have any pics of his work? :unsure:

Well I guess you have the right body proportions to wear the ANH right? IMO, a lot of people considers the height of someone as the restriction for ANH armor where it's not the height but actually the size / proportions that goes with it normally.

I'm 6'3'' 190lbs .. so that's proportional and people told me on another thread that my armor actually looked real good on me. While on all forums, the thing you hear is that over 6'', there's no ANH option for anyone.

Height doesnt not matter, size matters ;)

To come back to the point here, I'd go all the way ANH if the armor is nicely done. I do not regret the AP I got. While sometime, I'd like to try some parts of the FX suit I see everywhere. Mu shoulders are actually a little oversized for the kit. A good snap system fixed that part :)

Cheers

Will do. I am 5' 11", 200lbs. I am not the thinnest guy, but spent most of my younger life as an athlete, so I wear the 2 bills pretty well. I have been told by a few guys locally that I could wear the ANH armor, but I apprecaite the suggestions to try it out. I know the FX will work, thus my questions.

Thanks fellas, I appreciate it.

Any more comments or suggestions that are out there, keep 'em commin'.

Will do. I am 5' 11", 200lbs. I am not the thinnest guy, but spent most of my younger life as an athlete, so I wear the 2 bills pretty well. I have been told by a few guys locally that I could wear the ANH armor, but I apprecaite the suggestions to try it out. I know the FX will work, thus my questions.

Thanks fellas, I appreciate it.

Any more comments or suggestions that are out there, keep 'em commin'.

No problem, thats what we are here for! :duim::salute:

• 3 weeks later...
I think that I've seen the "ANH" armor in question, and it looked lousy. The pulls were very soft, and as can be guessed it is a recast of an AP. Save up a couple more hundred dollars and get the real thing.

wow, a re-cast...thats not good carma at all :unsure:

Hey Scott!

Couldn't help but say HI!

Kent

MG501

Good to see you here Kent!!

Make sure you post in the Newbie forum so you can introduce yourself, and everyone can say Hi!!!

You will also need to post pics of your armor, so we can all watch the progress here as well.

:trooper: