Opinion Needed on this Unknown Helmet!

Hello FISD, this is my first post here.

I have just won an Ebay auction on an FX Armor Kit, and needless to say I am very excited to take my first step into this larger world!

However, I have heard numerous complaints about the FX Helmet and that, while it is acceptable, better options are always available (unless Rubies is making it :P)

I found this helmet on Ebay:

---------

Obviously the eye and ear pieces need to be modified, but I thought the mic tips looked decent, and I'd prefer not to have to assemble anything.

So what I am asking for is your opinions on this helmet, what problems there are with it, if I could mod it enough for it to become acceptable, and finally, if all else fails, what other cheap helmets you recommend!

Thanks in advance, I really admire you guys!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

That would not be 501st acceptable I'm affraid.

If you want a cheap 501st acceptable helmet, you could look into the Master Replicas one, known as the MRCE. There is information in this forum on mods you can do to make it look better.

Good luck!

That would not be 501st acceptable I'm affraid.

If you want a cheap 501st acceptable helmet, you could look into the Master Replicas one, known as the MRCE. There is information in this forum on mods you can do to make it look better.

Good luck!

Thank you very much for your quick reply! 200+ dollars is a bit much for me right now, are there any other alternatives that could be modded for under that price, or am I just being ignorant? Thanks.

I may have to bite the bullet and get the MRCE, just the modding of that crack in the front and the price irk me!

Ah well, no one said it would be easy!

By the way, which helmet do you use? It looks really good :)

Andrew -- you totally made the right call. :duim:

Smart thinkin', dude.

Save up for the MRCE, or one of the fan-made helmets.

You'll be MUCH happier with the end result.

Trust me -- I had a craptastic helmet back in the day, and I would log on to this site and stare at photos of AP's and TE2's, etc., and hit myself in the forehead with regret.

I think we've all had buyer's remorse at one point or another.

You totally did the right thing-- always ask around.

Everyone here has made their fair share of mistakes, and it's one of our sincere goals to help others avoid them.

Go with the MRCE, you won't be disappointed, it's the helmet I have and I love it. That Rubies helmet just looks like some kind of insect and it doesn't have the black trim on the underside either - very junky.

Wow, that's a MRCE? That looks really good! I'm a little nervous about changing things, but I know I'm even more nervous about having to assemble my FX one! :P

Looks like I'm saving up for this one! Thanks so much for all the advice guys.

Wow, that's a MRCE? That looks really good! I'm a little nervous about changing things, but I know I'm even more nervous about having to assemble my FX one! :P

Manny's helmet is a Dan Laws (DL). It's a nice bucket, fo' sho'.

Contact Kevin at imperialsurplus.com . He makes excellent helmets. I have two of them. He may have a b- grade available at your budget level.

Jim and Eric have brought up great options... AP occasionally does "B" discounts as well.

DEDEDEJr said:

MRCE stands for Master Replica Collector's Edition. It's the helmet I use.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

The MR CE is fantastic helmet, and you can often find them online for $100 or less... I think I paid $99 for mine. Then you get to decide if you want to do major mods — like I did — just the minimum, or leave it "as is" for a while. All are great options.

If you want to BUILD a helmet, all the above options are good ones. And, as a big fan myself, it's my duty to throw TE2 into that list as well.

Good luck man!

You're starting out right... ASK, ASK, ASK!!!

MRCE is harder to find at a good price. Most I've seen are around $150+. I ordered an ATA full set of armor but have seen in person his helmet. The price is WAY affordable. PM him here. I think he's Supertrooper. :duim: