Good ebay armour

Fox1196

Hi. i found my armour for a good price on ebay from a seller called stormtroper_shop_uk . Heres a link <a href="http://myworld.ebay.com/stormtrooper_shop_uk/" target="_blank">http://myworld.ebay.com/stormtrooper_shop_uk/</a> . I got mine for 490$ with shipping (this is canadian dollars so like 430$ U.S.D). Its a Recast, but the only real problem with it is the helmet, everything else seems to be fine though

P.S DO NOT BUY IF U WANT THE BEST HIGH QUALITY ARMOUR, THIS IS ONLY RECAST!!!!!

I've dealt with him as well. My experience was....dubious, terrible, horrendous (pick a word)....at best.

lol i got a good set. was NOT impressed with the helmet though , and he skimped on the arrators. gave me these plastic nobs u had to paint instead of the normal crome ones. everything else was good though

Isn't "good ebay armor" an oxymoron?

Ā 

LOL! There are times when it's OK - e.g. when people sell their private suit and disclose what they're selling, but yeah usually you can find better and less expensive by doing some research and buying direct.

I know of this guy - its basically all recast FX guys, including the helmet.

yes you can get it on the cheap - depending on where you stand on the recast issue (and believe you me, in TK world is one confusing situation).

the other UK based seller is chimera bespoke. they sell FX armour with a SDS battle spec recast.

Ā 

As far as the 501 is concerned though - its ok, cos although they have a stance on recasting, they dont take individual action on members who choose to buy recast armour despite our best efforts on this board.

Ā 

What a great choice - even with all the info already available on these baords :rolleyes:

good luck with your FX recast mate.

Ā 

ps dont follow the guys electronic guide - think he recommends using hot glue to put the armour together.

Ā 

sgt jb - I couldnt agree more

Isn't "good ebay armor" an oxymoron?

Yikes, I didn't know it was recast...and it wasn't exactly cheap either! I hope you guys don't hold it against me, but more importantly, I hope it's not a piece of garbage!

Ā 

it happens but like Heatshot says we dont go against individuals. =) just sometimes a mass amount of research is needed i know burried in the forum somewhere there was a discussion about that dude (mainly for the bad bad photoshop images)

Ā 

but how does the saying goes....live and learn XD I have done my share of mistakes so now i need to find a TX kit...much harder for legs to replace on mine

Yikes, I didn't know it was recast...and it wasn't exactly cheap either! I hope you guys don't hold it against me, but more importantly, I hope it's not a piece of garbage!

I didn't know either, but in my defense, I bought mine from him before finding the FISD and getting myself "educated" ;)

Ā 

The armor's defo recast, but not junk, just FX. It's the guy's level of communication that's junk. I must have emailed him about 10 times in as many days and only got 2 replies back, both of which only danced around my questions. He wouldn't give me a tracking number nor let me know when it had been mailed. I waited for about a month before it showed up.

Ā 

So don't worry, it'll show up and it won't (mostly) be garbage. Just make sure you toss the aerators, velcro, ab buttons, and elastic that's sent with it. And don't assemble with hot glue. Unless you only plan on wearing it once. :D;)

Awesome, glad to know it doesn't suck THAT bad :)

Ā 

One question though, do you know what material it's made of? I wanna make sure I use a glue that's not going to damage it. And not to worry, I've already bought my own industrial velcro :P

Ā 

Now to try and get this tracking number...

Ā 

One question though, do you know what material it's made of? I wanna make sure I use a glue that's not going to damage it. And not to worry, I've already bought my own industrial velcro :P

Ā 

lol the helmet BLOWS like un even, MASSIVE, and the places for the stickers are un even

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Use e-6000. it's the best glue on the market for plastic. excellent bonding, and it has a little flex to it after curing, to prevent it from snapping apart when there's preassure on it.

Ā 

Don't fret about buying recast armor. It happens. You'll find that this community is alot less understanding to the guys recasting and throwing their wares up on e-bay in an attempt to make a quick buck. As a buyer, you're more likely to find people wanting to help you with getting your armor up to snuff, and get you trooping, than you are to get grief for your purchase.

Ā 

Good luck with your build. ask questions, get opinions. We're here for advice whenever you need it.

no one is blaming a person for making a genuine mistake.

hell - I've bought recast stuff w/o realising when I 1st started too.

Ā 

the problem I think lies when you start really gettin into this hobby and if u ever decide on getting more TK or other SW based armour. Loads of helful sites like this - and remember research research research is key.

Ā 

also you are already part of a 501 Garrison, another impt step - surprised a more experienced trooper on your end didnt warn you abt this guy.

Ā 

I NEVER make a buy now w/o quite extensive research. Even a google search would suffice for well known recasters. My impression of this section was for people to ASK questions abt ebay armour, get verification etc before buying. Not to post - "this person is a good ebayer". Especially when there is information readily available that he isnt.

Ā 

I am more worried by the people who - even knowing something is recast- still decide to go ahead and support the recaster anyways. And believe me - hard as it is to believe, there are people like that. Thats just plain ole wrong.

Ā 

ultimately - as EVO says, there is no legal recourse, but at least we should hold ourselves to a firmer moral code and protect our armour makers.

Ā 

good luck with your build!

Ā 

I would go with E6000 too - but remember, it does take abt 24hrs for the glue to set.

Ā 

Nate

no one is blaming a person for making a genuine mistake.

hell - I've bought recast stuff w/o realising when I 1st started too.

Ā 

the problem I think lies when you start really gettin into this hobby and if u ever decide on getting more TK or other SW based armour. Loads of helful sites like this - and remember research research research is key.

Ā 

also you are already part of a 501 Garrison, another impt step - surprised a more experienced trooper on your end didnt warn you abt this guy.

Ā 

I NEVER make a buy now w/o quite extensive research. Even a google search would suffice for well known recasters. My impression of this section was for people to ASK questions abt ebay armour, get verification etc before buying. Not to post - "this person is a good ebayer". Especially when there is information readily available that he isnt.

Ā 

I am more worried by the people who - even knowing something is recast- still decide to go ahead and support the recaster anyways. And believe me - hard as it is to believe, there are people like that. Thats just plain ole wrong.

Ā 

ultimately - as EVO says, there is no legal recourse, but at least we should hold ourselves to a firmer moral code and protect our armour makers.

Ā 

good luck with your build!

Ā 

I would go with E6000 too - but remember, it does take abt 24hrs for the glue to set.

Ā 

Nate

lol i didnt know what recast was until a few days ago. sorry for any confusion. but i think i got a good kit for what i paid for(other than the helmet of course)

And to think i was considering buying this armour when i first got interested in becoming a TK. Still we live and learn and i learned that there are a lot better makers out there. Research was the key, oh and the very helpful people on the is board and at the UKG who showed me the light.

lol i got a good set. was NOT impressed with the helmet though , and he skimped on the arrators. gave me these plastic nobs u had to paint instead of the normal crome ones. everything else was good though

Ā 

Chrome?!?

And to think i was considering buying this armour when i first got interested in becoming a TK. Still we live and learn and i learned that there are a lot better makers out there. Research was the key, oh and the very helpful people on the is board and at the UKG who showed me the light.

Yeah i know its not the greatest but its good enough for me. i do plan to sell eventually and get a better one but for now it'll do just fine

Ā 

X2. Came close to buying some armor from him back in Auguest, when his sets were selling for $250+ shipping.

Ā 

Now im looking at buying an FX set from Deckard, heards lots of good things about him. Money's hard to come by though...