what do you think of this helmet?

&pfi have the armor all put together, and next to the neck piece and fixing my boots, all i need now is a helmet. has anyone got, or know about, the helmet they got on amazon by rubies? it looks legit put the reviews don't give me much info.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Don't waste your time with that Rubie's one, issues with it are far to numerous to mention. If you are looking for a budget helmet, the Master Replica CE one can work great with some mods documented here at FISD. They go for $100-150 on ebay, and you can ask around here, and at the 501st boards for some non-fx kits that go for anywhere from $200-400.

galvanizedfe said:
&pfi have the armor all put together, and next to the neck piece and fixing my boots, all i need now is a helmet. has anyone got, or know about, the helmet they got on amazon by rubies? it looks legit put the reviews don't give me much info.

-------

this one is all over the net i also cant seem to find what plastic they used. my armor is a FX (i think) so i want to make sure that the helmet is the same white plastic so it will not stick out. i guess i would also ask what should i do with the boots? they are the short ones and every time i take a step the leg armor goes up over the boot and they scrunch together and it looks terrible. ideas?

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13

Don't waste your time with that Rubie's one, issues with it are far to numerous to mention. If you are looking for a budget helmet, the Master Replica CE one can work great with some mods documented here at FISD. They go for $100-150 on ebay, and you can ask around here, and at the 501st boards for some non-fx kits that go for anywhere from $200-400.

you have anyone that you could recommend me to?

galvanizedfe said:

------------

You can find a helmet a WHOLE lot nicer than this one if you do some poking around the forum.

In fact, I believe this particular helmet isn't legion approved.

If you do some reading on the board, you'll find that the fan-made kits are far more accurate, and just generally cooler.

Plus, you get to build them (if you want) which is a whole lot of fun! :D

Do a search for AP, TE2, TM, ATA, RT-MOD and.or Kev's ANH helmets -- you'll see what I'm talkin' about. They all rock.

If you're looking for something you can purchase retail, I would recommend looking into an MRCE helmet.

It's 501st approved, and with a couple of mods, you make it eligible for EIB status.

Edited by gmrhodes13

galvanizedfe said:
this one is all over the net i also cant seem to find what plastic they used. my armor is a FX (i think) so i want to make sure that the helmet is the same white plastic so it will not stick out. i guess i would also ask what should i do with the boots? they are the short ones and every time i take a step the leg armor goes up over the boot and they scrunch together and it looks terrible. ideas?------------

FX is ABS plastic. You may luck out and get a helmet that matches, but if not you can always repaint. The boots are not accurate boots. From the CRL requirments: * Boots. These must be white leather or leather like, above ankle, with a flat sole, with small U-shaped elastic sections on both sides of the ankle. Jodhpur-type boots or an equivalent style. No buckles or laces. Elvis or mariachi boots are not acceptable.

You can get a really nice and accurate boot for less than $50 from tkboots.com if they have them in your size.

Please, spend some time researching on this site and ask questions. There is a wealth of info on here and in the long run it will save you money (or would have since you would not have bought those boots).

Edited by gmrhodes13

The Master Replica Collector's Edition (CE) will pretty much match your FX armor. The Rubies one is crap, cheaply made, bug eyes that are attached from the front, mis-shaped, horrible mic tips, incorrect decals, just to name a few issues. Just about any other helmet, even an FX type helmet, would be light years ahead of the Rubies. If you are just looking for 501st approval, an FX Helmet is an option. But, if you do the research here on FISD, you should be able to find a helmets in the same price range ($150 - 300) that are more accurate and can be FISD EIB approved.