Of belts and rivets...

edlitmus

While talking to Daetrin at Dragon Con he mentioned that the stunt style ANH trooper should only have the 2 lower rivets/snaps on the belt for the holster. I was wondering how strict that guideline is, as I built my wife's suit before I heard about that and assumed that 4 rivets/snaps was the way to go.

Once I finish my belt (and build a replacement thermal det *cough*Dragon Con*cough*) I'd like to try and get our EIB status and that is the only hold up on her suit I think.

in the EIB requirements thread :

SHOULD HAVE

* Trapezoidal latex hand guards - painted white - mounted on rubber gloves

* For ANH Stunt, the holster will be affixed with two fasteners at the top. These may be rivets, snaps, or Chicago screws

* For ANH Hero, the holster will be affixed with four fasteners, two at the top and two at the bottom. These may be rivets, snaps, or Chicago screws

It is listed as a should have, not a must have, so I'd have to say it's ok as long as it's attached from the back. It'd still be up to Paul and Terrell though.

And that's the nut of it Ed - these are *should have* for EIB but not required. We put them there so people can see where things are going and are there for educational purposes of how to go above and beyond, but for getting your EIB at least not a detail we look at.

And that's the nut of it Ed - these are *should have* for EIB but not required. We put them there so people can see where things are going and are there for educational purposes of how to go above and beyond, but for getting your EIB at least not a detail we look at.

Thanks for the clarification, and it was great meeting you at Dragon Con!

My wife will be relieved I don't have to redo her belt. :-D

in the EIB requirements thread :

SHOULD HAVE

* Trapezoidal latex hand guards - painted white - mounted on rubber gloves

* For ANH Stunt, the holster will be affixed with two fasteners at the top. These may be rivets, snaps, or Chicago screws

* For ANH Hero, the holster will be affixed with four fasteners, two at the top and two at the bottom. These may be rivets, snaps, or Chicago screws

It is listed as a should have, not a must have, so I'd have to say it's ok as long as it's attached from the back. It'd still be up to Paul and Terrell though.

I'm pretty sure I know what rivets and snaps are, but what is a chicago screw?

They look like this:

tnCS4.JPG

But the ones I get from Lowes have a hole in the base so it looks like a giant rivet.

If you get these from Lowes, they are called threaded posts.... made by hillman. I went to about 5 different hardware stores before I found them. They are great!