SDS Armour

I know Scott (TK-1491) has a set. You can see it in his EIB app thread. Capped plastic meas that it has an extra gloss layer fused to the plastic. It has an ultra gloss and generally makes the plastic more rigid as well.

I know Scott (TK-1491) has a set. You can see it in his EIB app thread. Capped plastic meas that it has an extra gloss layer fused to the plastic. It has an ultra gloss and generally makes the plastic more rigid as well.

Thank's I'll have a look, but my god, when you conver to Canadian, it's like just over $1,600! If I did have kid's it would be like "sell your first born" to have it! :huh:

Ive owned 2 sets and 2 hero helmets, one of them had a few imperfections in it, so I picked all the good bits for my TK and the less good bits went onto my sandtrooper.

I did notice it can come thin in some places, which isnt good.

I love it though, its a really nice armour just damn pricey :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have SDS I love the look and am not ignorant of it's twisted history (I was when I purchased it). I have a 2005 suit with a battlespec bucket of the same year and I have to say, this stuff is thick and it's very durable. I do hear complaints that it's now thin in places and doesn't hold up to trooping. The lid is wonky on one side, but not like I have heard others complain of more recent pulls.

I had one of the early sets, before the huge price hike.

Whilst it was a nice kit, some parts where thin... even back then.

I do know of one member who bought his before me, that went through a few chest plates, due to cracking and other parts too.

AA replaced them with no problem though, so his customer service is defo good.

Defo better / more robust kits out there TBH..

I must have got lucky. I can't complain about the thickness. It's not as thick as FX mind!

Nothings as thick as FX mate...lol..

TBH, AA's stuff is a bit hit and miss. Some have found it thin/weak in places, others have found it good.

I suppose the same could be said about most kits out there...

I must have got lucky. I can't complain about the thickness. It's not as thick as FX mind!

Post some pix soon? Haven't seen it ever in person & would like to see more than what was on his site.