Whos this guy?

johnnymac said:

Original theatrical version: At the very end when Han and Luke first step into the awards ceremony, there's a long shot behind the pair and the first few rows of soldiers on each side of the hall (closest to the camera) are cardboard paintings. Lucas didn't have enough uniforms for everyone.

------------

Cool! TY. Is it mattepainting like so many other scenes?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I'm not going to support or disprove this gentleman's claims. I'm not that concerned.

What I am interested in is the fact that the picture of the group of TK's in the docking bay shows that not all the armor was identical. I'm seeing missing drop boxes, no holsters, one trooper looks like he put on the shoulder bells of the trooper next to him (they seem a little long)...but then I could be splitting hairs.

So I'm not going to take sides on any of this. All I know is that they were grabbing bits and pieces from every source they could to make up the uniforms, and who knows what may have happened.

(rummaging through her storage unit looking for her original VHS tape of ANH to see if she can spot the trooper with no armor on his leg)

Also, it is common practice to use cardboard cutouts in large group scenes in movies. Happens all the time. Not as often now with CGI, but look at most crowd scenes in movies and over 60% will be cardboard cutouts.

I don't care what anyone says...I love this guy, I really do. He has a nice smile and his hair is fantastic.

Give him a break, I mean really, would you put yourself out to the entire Star Wars crazed world looking like that? He's got to be for real!

Represent man! Represent!

Thanks,

Mike T.

Charities rule!