Original (ANH) ESB Helmet on display at "Out of this World Exhibit"

Good point but I think if they went to the trouble of painting over the grey frown then they probably painted over the grey traps wth white before adding the decals. They may have had to do this if the decals were too small to cover the original ANH details. Just a thought :)

Good idea. But if they had to repaint the helmets anyway, then maybe they decided to make the frown black as an easy difference in look. (And IF they wanted to include hero helmets, I think it would be easyer to make the frown look like stunts using black?)

I think painting the traps white one by one would take much work. Easyer to just spray the lot, (perhaps after sandblastering, with also is quite quick work).

Hmmm - good points Nazgul

Cheers

Jez

Thanks. Another thing I started to think about is if cutting back the eyes wouldnt show in the paint job, shouldnt you be able to see pealed paint and cuts? What do you think, should the cut back have been done without a new paintjob?

Cheers

I don't know about sandblasting.... I have done it a few times on metal.... and you would destroy plastic IMO.

I gotta agree with John. I've used a sandblaster many times and even with the pressure down low I can't see it not breaking through any weaker areas in the helmets.

Superb reference photo's by the way guys. I'm gonna be retiring my FX and building another armour next year and I feel the urge to go ESB... B)

• 4 weeks later...

The ANH Hero helmet used in ESB is found..(I hope).

Note the left leg which seem to have a thigh piece put on backwards :).

ESB_hero.jpg

The next is just a screen cap I'd like to include with this post. It shows x numbers of stormtroopers, can you find them all? ^_^

I counted 10 stormtroopers: 2 on the ground, and 8 standing.

ESB_howmany.jpg

• 2 weeks later...