Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Armour is done, and I want proper boots for EIB and Centurion applications. The boots are the last thing. Just excited to get going and would rather not have to wait another month, minimum.

 

Anyway, if you could comment on the boots in my question above, that would be helpful and I'd be really appreciative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2018 at 4:15 PM, menschie said:

Anyway, if you could comment on the boots in my question above, that would be helpful and I'd be really appreciative.

They look acceptable for approval, but I can't speak to the workmanship or comfort without actually having them in-hand. 

 

I'm automatically suspicious of vendors that use pictures of actual 501st members on their marketing/sales pages, especially uncredited and probably without the member's permission. That makes me weary of this.

 

Why not go with a more vetted source like Imperial Boots or TK Boots? They are around that same price range. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that's good feedback. I'm going to stay away.

 

Unfortunately TK boots is done ... just selling their dwindled remaining stock and no boots in my size. :(

 

I'm just doing the wait for Imperial Boots. Was hoping for something a little quicker as I'm dying to start trooping, but it's worth the wait to get it done right.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎07‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 7:37 PM, jimbo35 said:

Anyone know of Imperial boots  - wanted to order from them and the flat rate shipping is $100.  Seems excessive? I'm looking for TK boots and Tie fighter boots.  Any suggestions?

Hi Jim,

The standard shipping rate for 421 is 35 US$ and for the DLX/Classic Jack is 65 US$; this has not changed over the last 2 years. Please remember we are not in the US and we ship from half way across the world which is unfortunately expensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, menschie said:

Was hoping for something a little quicker as I'm dying to start trooping, but it's worth the wait to get it done right.

Great attitude to have, no use in rushing. Seen way too many people here have to re-buy things because they couldn’t wait.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been reading up on this thread which peaked my interest in getting a pair from TK. I'm about to email them to see if they have any in my size left in stock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was emailing the seller yesterday. Apparently, Tk boots is running out of stock on everything and has plans on closing down shop shortly.  Looks like its time to look for a new vendor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crow props dose TK boots. 

 

I have a pair ordered and will let post my thoughts when they get in. 

 

I have a pair of his TFA Pilot boots and they are very nice. 

 

He said if he has soles instock build time is about 10 days at the moment. (7/6/18)

 

He is in Ecuador. 

Shipping can take a while as he ships once or twice a month. I think he has to drive 4 hours each way to the capital to ensure things do not get lost in the system there. After that it is 2-4 weeks to get to US, clear coustoms, and get to your door. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, orb46 said:

I just got an email from tk boots they are closing down. any other places for boots

 

You can try Imperial Boots, Otis.  They are closed until August, but make a really nice product.  When you go to the home page, look under "shoes" and you will see their Classic 421 model.  https://www.imperialboots.com/

The only thing I would advise is to order a size larger than you normally wear, as they tend to run a bit small.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:41 AM, justjoseph63 said:

You can try Imperial Boots, Otis.  They are closed until August, but make a really nice product.  When you go to the home page, look under "shoes" and you will see their Classic 421 model.  https://www.imperialboots.com/

The only thing I would advise is to order a size larger than you normally wear, as they tend to run a bit small.

You always can drop us a line here and we can take your order "off-wave" if urgent.

Thank you and Regards

IB Team

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long does it usually take for items from Imperial Boots clear customs in the US? My boots cleared customs in China in 3 hours and 15 minutes. They have been in customs in the US since 11:00am east coast time, and the status still hasn’t changed on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So with TK boots closing, where are some other places to get them? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Helmshandcrafted said:

So with TK boots closing, where are some other places to get them? 

If you read above you'll find a link for Imperialboots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2019 at 3:34 PM, TK-42134 said:

How long does it usually take for items from Imperial Boots clear customs in the US? My boots cleared customs in China in 3 hours and 15 minutes. They have been in customs in the US since 11:00am east coast time, and the status still hasn’t changed on them.

Honestly it depends on who's working customs that day.  I've had stuff sit for hours, days, a week once.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...