NEW boot source!

Armour is done, and I want proper boots for EIB and Centurion applications. The boots are the last thing. Just excited to get going and would rather not have to wait another month, minimum.

Anyway, if you could comment on the boots in my question above, that would be helpful and I'd be really appreciative.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2018 at 4:15 PM, menschie said:

Anyway, if you could comment on the boots in my question above, that would be helpful and I'd be really appreciative.

They look acceptable for approval, but I can't speak to the workmanship or comfort without actually having them in-hand. 

I'm automatically suspicious of vendors that use pictures of actual 501st members on their marketing/sales pages, especially uncredited and probably without the member's permission. That makes me weary of this.

Why not go with a more vetted source like Imperial Boots or TK Boots? They are around that same price range. 

• Like 2

Yeah, that's good feedback. I'm going to stay away.

Unfortunately TK boots is done ... just selling their dwindled remaining stock and no boots in my size. :(

I'm just doing the wait for Imperial Boots. Was hoping for something a little quicker as I'm dying to start trooping, but it's worth the wait to get it done right.

• Like 2

On ‎07‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 7:37 PM, jimbo35 said:

Anyone know of Imperial boots  - wanted to order from them and the flat rate shipping is $100.  Seems excessive? I'm looking for TK boots and Tie fighter boots.  Any suggestions?

Hi Jim,

The standard shipping rate for 421 is 35 US$ and for the DLX/Classic Jack is 65 US$; this has not changed over the last 2 years. Please remember we are not in the US and we ship from half way across the world which is unfortunately expensive.

3 hours ago, menschie said:

Was hoping for something a little quicker as I'm dying to start trooping, but it's worth the wait to get it done right.

Great attitude to have, no use in rushing. Seen way too many people here have to re-buy things because they couldn’t wait.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Crow props dose TK boots. 

I have a pair ordered and will let post my thoughts when they get in. 

I have a pair of his TFA Pilot boots and they are very nice. 

He said if he has soles instock build time is about 10 days at the moment. (7/6/18)

He is in Ecuador. 

Shipping can take a while as he ships once or twice a month. I think he has to drive 4 hours each way to the capital to ensure things do not get lost in the system there. After that it is 2-4 weeks to get to US, clear coustoms, and get to your door. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, orb46 said:

I just got an email from tk boots they are closing down. any other places for boots

You can try Imperial Boots, Otis.  They are closed until August, but make a really nice product.  When you go to the home page, look under "shoes" and you will see their Classic 421 model.  https://www.imperialboots.com/

The only thing I would advise is to order a size larger than you normally wear, as they tend to run a bit small.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:41 AM, justjoseph63 said:

You can try Imperial Boots, Otis.  They are closed until August, but make a really nice product.  When you go to the home page, look under "shoes" and you will see their Classic 421 model.  https://www.imperialboots.com/

The only thing I would advise is to order a size larger than you normally wear, as they tend to run a bit small.

You always can drop us a line here and we can take your order "off-wave" if urgent.

Thank you and Regards

IB Team

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

How long does it usually take for items from Imperial Boots clear customs in the US? My boots cleared customs in China in 3 hours and 15 minutes. They have been in customs in the US since 11:00am east coast time, and the status still hasn’t changed on them.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Helmshandcrafted said:

So with TK boots closing, where are some other places to get them? 

If you read above you'll find a link for Imperialboots

On 1/29/2019 at 3:34 PM, TK-42134 said:

How long does it usually take for items from Imperial Boots clear customs in the US? My boots cleared customs in China in 3 hours and 15 minutes. They have been in customs in the US since 11:00am east coast time, and the status still hasn’t changed on them.

Honestly it depends on who's working customs that day.  I've had stuff sit for hours, days, a week once.  

• 1 year later...
56 minutes ago, 6pack said:

Hey all,

I'm ready to buy boots for my ANH TK Stunt.  Is Imperial Boots still the recommended one?

Thanks,

Paul

Yes Paul, It's .  Good luck.  :salute:

Edited by TKSpartan
word correction

50 minutes ago, 6pack said:

Hey all,

I'm ready to buy boots for my ANH TK Stunt.  Is Imperial Boots still the recommended one?

Thanks,

Paul

Still a great boot and a lot of people purchase them

Thanks.  For the ANH Stunt, am I correct in that we need the white boot with the U shaped elastic on the sides and loops at the top, and not the ones with the zipper and no loops of elastic?

Edit: link to their page: https://www.imperialboots.com/product-category/by-character/stormtrooper/

Edited by 6pack

3 minutes ago, 6pack said:

Thanks.  For the ANH Stunt, am I correct in that we need the white boot with the U shaped elastic on the sides and loops at the top, and not the ones with the zipper and no loops of elastic?

Edit: link to their page: https://www.imperialboots.com/product-category/by-character/stormtrooper/

When in doubt refer to the CRL (costume reference library) ;)  https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

File:TK anh stunt boots.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to pop in and say that ordering from Imperial Boots was a fantastic experience. And production and shipping were lightning quick!

Ordered on 7 June (Sunday), and received my boots yesterday, 19 June (Friday). Not even 2 full weeks.

Edited by Bootlegger137
Left out a word.
  • Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 5:31 PM, Bootlegger137 said:

Just wanted to pop in and say that ordering from Imperial Boots was a fantastic experience. And production and shipping were lightning quick!

Ordered on 7 June (Sunday), and received my boots yesterday, 19 June (Friday). Not even 2 full weeks.

Same experience here.  Simply awesome people to deal with all around.

• Like 2