Snap tool for Tandy snaps

Yeah its the pin that came with them. Really have to becareful hammering it. To hard and they come out sideways.

Yes, that happened to me as well. You have to watch the angle that you hold the pin at as you hit it with the hammer. Trust me, I was so glad to be done with the 'snap' phase of assembly, it's not too fun.

Come out sideways? Could you show me what you mean?

I will try and take a pic tonight. What happends is the 2 parts dont line up just right.

Snaps have got to be the hardest part so far of my armor build. These Tandy snaps are tough. They hold together really tight. Hope to pick up some vinyl soon so I can make the snap plates. The left over plastic for the strips are not big enough.

It's a Dritz plier kit. I overlooked the fact that you are using Tandy snaps. (I am uncertain if Dritz pliers would work). Dritz seems to be very popular in craft stores, and I am very impressed with the quality of their snaps and pliers. Anyway, the Dritz pliers that I am using are model 24P. (They work with 5/8" snaps).

It's a Dritz plier kit. I overlooked the fact that you are using Tandy snaps. (I am uncertain if Dritz pliers would work). Dritz seems to be very popular in craft stores, and I am very impressed with the quality of their snaps and pliers. Anyway, the Dritz pliers that I am using are model 24P. (They work with 5/8" snaps).

I bought both Dritz and Tandy snaps. I notice that the pin in the middle is longer on the Tandy then the Dritz. Not sure if that makes a big difference or not. Going to look for the 24p and some vinyl tonight :)

I am converting my armor from a velcro and strap system to an elastic and snap setup, and it is about 75% finished. I am so impressed with the Dritz snaps and feel very confident that they will be more than durable for trooping, etc.

As for the plastic squares used to affix the snaps to the armor, I took some advice here and simply sacrificed a couple white, Rubbermaid trash cans from Home Depot (they were $3.00 each). It works very well.

• 7 years later...

I found the Dritz 24p pliers worked really well for the male half of the Tandy snaps. I couldn't get it to work with the female half. So it at least makes half the work easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wwwhhhhoooaaaa, you're half way there!

I found the Dritz 24p pliers worked really well for the male half of the Tandy snaps. I couldn't get it to work with the female half. So it at least makes half the work easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TK 31201 : Star Garrison : North Texas Squad

this is what i use, works perfect every time.. Ive now done 5 suits with this my own and 4 local members.. Great for making snap plates and goes through abs and 1/4 inch aluminum and steal with ease..

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed