White Webbing for Snaps

tedyer

I've been cutting up some pieces of extra FX ABS to use for the snap tabs, but I seem to be running into the same problem others have had as well and that's the issue where the back of the snap does not fit flush against the plastic tab. I've tried cutting longer tabs but I end up needing a real long piece in order to get enough surface area to glue to the armor.

The question I have is, has anyone tried using the white webbing (used on the shoulders to connect the chest and back) as tabs? I would think that it would be flexible enough to not have the issue of needing to cut a long piece just to get surface contact. I'm using E-6000, and I can't see any issues with the glue on the nylon material. Plus it would fit nicely along the contoured parts of the armor.

Thanks for any input!

I used E6000, white 1" ribbon from Wal-Mart (drop boxes), and Tandy Snaps to put a bunch of snaps on my suit last weekend.

Use a lot of E6000 to "soak" the ribbon and let it dry for about 8 hours or so.

Works great. Especially on odd surfaces like the underside of the shoulder straps.