The Death Star was Stormtroopers 9/11

joryayer

I'm a very avid Gizmodo reader, not sure if any of you are, but I was browsing around tonight after work, and found this:

The Death Star was Stormtroopers 9/11

It was pretty interesting, a couple good quips/gags.

The stormie with the armor that kept changing really bothered me though (you don't have to look to hard).

Figured I'd post this...

This is pretty cool. I was on security duty's not much after the event, so I can understand why some may take it the wrong way. But we get to a point where we have to joke a bit or we will go nut's. It's the armor that get's we "hot under the bucket! man to drop that much coin for that kit, and to look so s**ty! :P

Pretty good skit! Helps take some of the sting out of the memory of such a horrific event. :)

Like Nathan, when I saw the thread title, I thought "Oh, no. . . " :unsure: Turned out to be all right.

Note to self: Try not to judge a book by it's cover - or a thread by it's title. -_-

And oh, would it have killed the actors to at least wear the armor correctly?!? Even the FX kit was sloppily worn, never mind the Rubies. Sheesh. Show some pride, troopers! :wacko:

I figured I'd do the original post on Gizmodo justice, and not change the title; however, as tkrestnova said, "Try not to judge a book by it's cover - or a thread by it's title".

The rubies armor is horific. I'm so glad it's not allowed in the 501st.

I think the guys who did this were trying to be funny when the chestplate went under the kidney plate. If you notice from other angles, it looks like he is wearing it proper.

Who knows, I got a good chuckle.

Blue milk!

Someone should contact the makers, get them to re-film it with proper armor.

:lol:

Can you see the reaction to that request? :P

Actor 1: Hey dude, some Star Wars nerds want us to redo the 9/11 Stormtrooper vid with better costumes.

Actor 2: I know, instead let's beat them up and take their lunch money!