Sign in to follow this  
TK5144

Disney Star Tours - gets an update

Good news. I personally thought the ride was kind of lame. Best part of the Star Wars exhibit at Disney for me (outside of Star Wars Weekends) has been the gift shop. ^_^

I dunno-- I always liked it, cornball and cheesy as it was. Then again, I first went on the ride when I was 12, so it's probably nostalgia more than anything.

Cool to hear it's getting a facelift, though.

A good excuse to go visit when it's done!

Woot! My kids will be old enough to appreciate it by then. :D

It would be nice if it was an adult / "big kid" ride.... the MGM (or whatever they call it now) has 2 of the best thrill rides in the whole disney parks in Orlando in the Tower of Terror and the Aerosmith roller coaster.... A roller coaster type SW ride would be awesome.

Check this out too.. The big announcement.. I wonder if the Stormtroopers were 501st??

Check this out too.. The big announcement.. I wonder if the Stormtroopers were 501st??

Don't wonder. They've been talking about being asked to troop the D23 convention for a while now.

Good news. I personally thought the ride was kind of lame. Best part of the Star Wars exhibit at Disney for me (outside of Star Wars Weekends) has been the gift shop. ^_^

Its a good ride, it just really dated. Its 22 years old, so you kinda expect that.

I'm really glad that I was able to ride it at Disneyland this summer so I have been able to experience the ride at both parks before they revamp it.

I have mixed feeling about the news of an update. I remember riding it as a kid in my first and only trip to Disney. It was awesome.

It is a little dated and could use an update.

That being said I hope that they don't put too much of the prequel story line in to it. I saw the preview video for it. The 3D aspect looks awesome but the pod race story line didn't sell me. The origianl trench run was just awesome and I hope that they keep it or something very similar. I have heard a rumor of possible different destinations for the ride so it not alway the same. That could be fun.

I love Star Tours. My family made it out on the opening weekend, and it's always a must ride whenever I go back to Disney. I can't wait for the reboot in 2011.

Anyone think Disney will put out the call for troopers again at the opening?

I'm guessing debut at Star Wars weekends 2011?

Sounds like fun! Since seeing the SWW 2004, I have always wanted to go back.... maybe go and troop the parade this time. It is just so blazing hot in Orlando in June!

Sounds like fun! Since seeing the SWW 2004, I have always wanted to go back.... maybe go and troop the parade this time. It is just so blazing hot in Orlando in June!

YES! That heat is oppressive and unrelenting! I can't imagine how the florida garrisons troop on a regular basis with all of that humidity. Luckily, I live in a desert climate where we have a very dry heat, almost no humidity.

There's a Boba Fett in the Golden Gate garrison who claims Disney bought his uniform for their new display.

I see a lot of FX kits in that video, so I'd say those are definitely 501st stormtroopers.

I see a lot of FX kits in that video, so I'd say those are definitely 501st stormtroopers.

Yeppers---it was all 501st folks, there were about 50 of us in total.

There's a Boba Fett in the Golden Gate garrison who claims Disney bought his uniform for their new display.

Not true. If you have Garrison specific question(s) please send me a PM. Please do not speculate. Thank you

I don't mind an update to the Star Tours ride, but I think that after a year or two of the new one, they should also play the original ride and give people an option to choose which 'tour' they want to take.