naatsirhc's ATA build[*ATA]

naatsirhc

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have all my armor back from the painter. I have been wrapping things up since 9:30, just have the belt left to assemble.

I made templates for the lenses and then cut and hot glued.

ata127.jpg

Started with the ammo pouch, drilled holes and then riveted with 1/8 inch with 1/4 lenght and washer.

ata128.jpg

ata130.jpg

ata129.jpg

ata131.jpg

Then the sniper plate, same routine. I decided to not heat and shape to calf.

ata132.jpg

ata135.jpg

ata134.jpg

ata133.jpg

Painted ab buttons

ata136.jpg

Finished TD, glued face

ata137.jpg

ata138.jpg

Tommorrow is the big day, have to finish and adjust straps and then do my final suit up! :D

I see a light at the end of the tunnel :lol:

Awesome stuff bro! Was the guy that painted your armor a friend or just some guy? And did he give you any weird looks?

I got some weird looks from the people at a sewing place when I brought my canvas belt in to get sewn.

Awesome stuff bro! Was the guy that painted your armor a friend or just some guy? And did he give you any weird looks?

I got some weird looks from the people at a sewing place when I brought my canvas belt in to get sewn.

Hey Gos,

Thanks for the praise. The painter is my wifes cousin and he did the whole job for free! :D I have had some looks from folks when asking for items at stores, when I would tell them I was doing a stormtrooper build.

Thanks again

You're a total natural, Christaan.

Top to bottom: clean and professional.

Everything looks fantastic.

You're gonna ace EIB at this rate, no problem.

Wow! Doug,

Thank you for the awsome compliment, I hope my armor holds up to your kind words. I still need to make some adjustments for EIB, I will sort that out while I wait for my TK ID.

Thank you :D

Hey Gos,

Thanks for the praise. The painter is my wifes cousin and he did the whole job for free! :D I have had some looks from folks when asking for items at stores, when I would tell them I was doing a stormtrooper build.

Thanks again

Youre lucky!

Looks really nice! Im guessing the grey ear color must have reacted to the base color, or the base hadnt cured fully? You sorted it out fine.

Finished my belt using Mark's( Firebladejedi's excellent ESB build photos) skill as reference.

ata139.jpg

ata140.jpg

Well, I suited up completely for the first time tonight. I have to make a new strap system for the shoulders, to bring them up and in a bit. I will need to pick up some plastic to fill in my side gaps, I am working on loosing the gut. Please let me know what other adjustments I should make, if any.

I took a lot of pics, I hope you guys don't mind seeing all of them.

ata141.jpg

ata142.jpg

ata143.jpg

ata144.jpg

ata145.jpg

ata146.jpg

ata148.jpg

ata149.jpg

ata150.jpg

ata151.jpg

ata152.jpg

Time to submit my photos! :D

Youre lucky!

Looks really nice! Im guessing the grey ear color must have reacted to the base color, or the base hadnt cured fully? You sorted it out fine.

Matti,

I am sorry i missed your post while I was updating. I think I discovered what happened with the Humbrol grey. I stirred it and then painted, the directions say to stir well and then shake for 30 seconds. Since it had probably been on a shelf for awhile, it most likely needed better mixing. I followed the directions the second time and had success. Thanks for the support. I think your bucket looks pretty good, too!

Received a PM requesting to see my strapping. I still have some bugs to work out but this is my set-up.

I hope this is what you wanted to see Rebel Doughboy.

shoulder bicep

ata163.jpg

thigh belt

ata164.jpg

Inside ab plate

ata165.jpg

Inside buut/kidney

ata166.jpg

ata167.jpg

inside chest

ata168.jpg

inside back

ata169.jpg

inside helmet

ata171.jpg

Basically, what I did was borrow ideas from other great build threads and throw them together,

the only thing new might be how I put snaps on the suspenders. I am very grateful to everyone who posted great pics of their rigging, without your hard work I would still be fumbling around. I hope to fine tune my system after being able to attend an armor party.

I thought it was weird when I first saw it too, but it's actually really easy.

I use the same method on both my kits now.

The elastic follows the tops of your shoulders, across your back and neck.

You slip in one arm, like normal, and then pass the other parts to your free hand, stretching the elastic across your back, behind your head.

Then you slip in the other arm.

Bamn! Done.

It works AWESOME. Holds everything nice and snug in place, gives you a greater range of motion, makes less noise, and I imagine it will come in pretty handy during bathroom breaks, since you can remove the chest, back and ab plates if you need to, without ever having to disconnect the arms.

You slip in one arm, like normal, and then pass the other parts to your free hand, stretching the elastic across your back, behind your head.

Bamn! Done.

It works AWESOME. Holds everything nice and snug in place, gives you a greater range of motion, makes less noise, and I imagine it will come in pretty handy during bathroom breaks, since you can remove the chest, back and ab plates if you need to, without ever having to disconnect the arms.

Aha, it all makes sense now! Thanks for that, I'll have to give that a try!

WOW... thats all i can say.

hope to order my kit soon and do half a well as you have.

Ben,

Thanks again B) Good luck on your build, just remember to take your time.

Bamn! Done.

Spot on, Doug! Thanks for handling this one!

Thanks for posting this Christaan! Yes it helps ALOT, I wasn't thinking of doing the elastic across my back and neck but want to try it now and see what happens!

Anytime!Glad to be of service :D

This is my thank you page :D

I would like to thank all of those who helped me reach my dream of becoming a stormtrooper :

Paul (Daetrin) Helping make the FISD possible, strong leadership, kind words and help with questions

Terrel (Supertrooper) My armor, words of encouragement and help with questions

Mark (Firebladejedi) Wonderful ESB belt, great build threads w/ pics and answering questions

Mike (TK4510) Great decals and build tutorial, that helped me move along with my bucket

Paul (Troopermaster) Excellent ESB hand plates

Kevin (KWDesigns) Getting me squared away with cool inner drop boxes

Brett (Anrev) Beautiful leather ESB holster

Phantom- pointing me in the direction of the SoCal Garrison and their mentor program

Scott (TK3959) SCG CO- for his help and welcoming me to the Southern California Garrison,

Tim (TK6286) For the undersuit, paint, advice and letting me use his beltsander

Carl (Shaggy13) Being my mentor from the Southern California Garrison, introducing me to the Inland Empire Detachment and being an all around good guy

Curtis (TK4261) Helpful build thread and providing advice,comments

John (Stormtrooper) great ESB blaster cast and reference pics

Smitty (TK2052)- T-tracks and comments

Nicole (Nikimat)- Neck seal

Ron Cordero- The awsome free paint job

Kiyote- hole punch masking technique

Stukatrooper, Pandatrooper and AJCG- For great build threads and tutorials that helped me along the way

SgtJB, Dougefresh and SgtSteve- For helping me during my build and nice comments

The great comments and encouragement from TK5144, Darthfinger, Dargas, Merugear, TK2126, Nazgul, Agentraybans, No'l, Kind, Yankee, Goshawk, Thaynerd, Vactrooper, Synaptyx, Usul45, TK8114 and TK6918

Rebel Doughboy, Romeo Knight and Supa Trooper- for contacting me with questions

And to all those who have made great build threads and posts that have made the FISD strong! If I have missed someone, I apologize, just know that I am grateful.

Lastly, to everyone who has followed along with my builds

Thank you,

Christaan aka Naatsirhc aka TK4820

Thanks for making such a great build thread Christaan. It's great to see these come to together and it's clear you thought things out. The end result is fantastic.

Can't wait to see the TKID & EIB application. We should probably sticky this as well :)