A couple more prep and painting questions.

INDY

I have read to wash armor with soap and water before you start priming. What type of soap should I use? Liquid dish soap? Car Wash

I already painted one piece of armor to try out painting. I used 1 coat rustoleum plastic primer and 3 coats of professional rustoleum gloss white. (the silver spray can) It came out good and it's shinny but not as glossy as I would like it. How do I make it more glossy? what type/brand of gloss should I use?

Any help with this will be very much appreciated!

Thanks, Dave

I use dish soap to wash before painting. Also don't use gloss on your armor. Gloss clear coat is brittle and will crack when the armor is flexed, even a little. If the rustoleum pro enamel isn't gloss enough for you try on of the meguires professional mirror glaze products, they make several different ones.

Thanks Terrell!

This piece of armor, has been painted for about two weeks ago, Do you have to wait for a time period after painting the armor, before applying the glaze?