Its FINALLY here! TE ROTJ ABS suit 1/3

Wow, I am really blown away. -Darth Finger

Thanks! Yea when i saw myself in the mirror for the first time, i almost fell over!

I never really liked the TK armour in Jedi. I thought it looked odd back in 83, but I have to say, that does look really great. -mods1965

Thanks man, I think that all the TKs in all the movies look awesome, but ROTJ is my fav just because of how different they look compared to the TKs in the first two movies.

That looks great, nicely done. -Firebladejedi

Thanks man, it should look even better once I finish the helmet and get the right boots. Also, I'm gonna polish this baby up, if i can locate some novus polish!

Caleb

i´ll echo what Rolf said! it looks just great!

Thanks! Yea its gotta be one of the most accurate out there. I am figuring out how to make the shoulder straps, since the originals where made out of a flexible vinyl material. Ill figure out something though.

Thanks! Yea its gotta be one of the most accurate out there. I am figuring out how to make the shoulder straps, since the originals where made out of a flexible vinyl material. Ill figure out something though.

If you try something in cloth, you can coat it in vinyl paint. Or make a mold, mix canvas into the core of some liquid latex.

I'm pretty sure the ROTJ movie suits had vac formed plastic shoulder straps. I think it's just the tour suits that had the flexible vinyl straps.

Actually i saw one of the original rotj suit at an Exhibit years ago, i have photos some where, but from what I know it was vinyl sowed to the fabric. I believe matt said that same thing too. However, the tour suit was all vinyl strapping with zero cloth underneath it. Ill try to find images just to make sure.

Caleb

• 2 weeks later...

So, are you ready to submit clearance pics to the Garrison Tyranus GML? We're in the busy season for trooping, we could use as many troopers as possible. ROTJ would make a nice addition to the mix. ;)

So, are you ready to submit clearance pics to the Garrison Tyranus GML? We're in the busy season for trooping, we could use as many troopers as possible. ROTJ would make a nice addition to the mix. ;)

I will do that one i get my Styrene version of the armor. Im a bit hesitant on trooping in the ABS.

Caleb

I'd have thought you would want to troop in your ABS suit rather than the more brittle Styrene :blink:

Ouch, true. However, there are only 3 ABS suits made and god forbid something happening. Thats a bit of a predicament isnt it. haha. I guess i could lightly troop in the ABS every now and again.

I would troop in the abs and keep the styrene nice and neat.. if the abs suit gets scuffed its only going to look better!!

True. I would like to keep the styrene suit nice and neat. Especially since it was one of the first suits pulled back in '98 or '99 when TE first started. So its safe to say both suits have much value.

Caleb