Kev's TK Build[*CAP]

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

You look incredible! Using this post to make you an easy find when I start building my suit. :) Congrats on EIB status!

Thanks for bringing my thread back up to the surface. LOL. I hope the information here helps you..

Kevin W.

I'm out of it for a little while and I miss out on all the cool builds....

han-solo-frozen-in-carbonite_3.jpg

Great build Kevin :duim:

Thanks for bringing my thread back up to the surface. LOL. I hope the information here helps you..

Kevin W.

It definitely will! I plan to go for EIB status on my first suit and I feel like I was there for your entire process. The details are the most important part for build threads.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

• 4 months later...

This was my first troop in the newly assembled armor, LA Dodger game.

I need to redo the thighs. I built them too tight on me and could not pull them up high enough. So the back of my knees got some really bad bruising from all the stairs we had to walk up and down.

Other than that I am happy with everything else...

I am the one to the FAR RIGHT!!!

LAGame.jpg

CompleteTK.jpg

Kevin W.

Well as I said several months ago I was not happy with the way I assembled the Thighs.... So I decide to make a WIDER set of thighs. Right now I only have the outsides L and R of the thighs done. But an event is coming up next week and I need thighs that fit me.

I got permission from ATA a long time ago and was sent thighs to makes the changes. I will not be making these for other people. Sorry! That will be up to ATA when both sides the molds are done if this is something he wants to offer.

I want to try to have the correct width strips on the front and back and the correct amount of gap on each side of the strips. I did not make them Taller or Shorter, Only Wider at the middle with a slight "V" shape getting larger near the top.

I'll post some pics soon.