Reasons that trooping as a Stormtrooper is the best!

bluehickey

Here is my opinion as to why it is awesome to be a stormtrooper when trooping:

- There can always be lots of troopers at an event. Unlike the "hero" costumes where there can't/shouldn't be two Darth Vaders or multiple Boba Fett's, you can always add more white armor and it only gets sweeter looking the more there are! The guys with the 'hero' costumes always have to coordinate who is going to be at what event so there isn't any overlapping. We can just show up and will always be welcome!

-We can talk to people, and it is perfectly fine to use our own voices - we don't have to sound like James Earl Jones, like the guys wearing the Vader costumes. My son has a Jawa costume and basically doesn't speak the entire time he's in it, because he can't do an adequate "hootinee" yell. Our characters talk in the movies, so people aren't shocked when we talk to them. It also makes interacting with the crowd much more enjoyable.

-Recognizability. The general public always knows who Vader and the Stormtroopers are, beyond that, they quickly forget the names or get them wrong for the other characters.

-When trooping, Vader always gets a lot of love from the crowd, but the poor guy is wearing all black, with a black cape. We get to wear light, white armor, with plenty of open areas that can catch a breeze. Our costumes are easier to live with temperature-wise.

Those are some of the reasons I could think up off the top of my head. Anyone else have some other good reasons why stormtroopers are the best?

As someone who has trooped as a hero character (Boba Fett) and a TK, I'd say it's a bit of a toss up for me. On the one hand, I loved just being able to chat with the crowds as a TK. Hard to do that as Fett and maintain the gravitas I insist on maintaining when I don that dented helmet. The TK armor is much lighter than wearing the full flightsuit, vest, armor pieces and jetpack. I can suit up by myself or close to it (Where the Fett demands a handler to get everything on right), and I worry a lot less about something breaking, getting swiped, bumping into stuff, etc.

The Fett has its own charms, though. Ironically, it seems cooler temperature wise (that might have to do mostly with the open dome of the helmet versus the undercut TK), and aside from the jetpack getting heavy, it's a bit more comfortable overall. And I don't fear stairs! Plus you draw quite a crowd.

That being said, having the TK now allows me to be more picky about when I want to Fett it up. And I like that I have a choice. My first troop as a TK last week was a blast and I can see myself actually being more active now, since I don't have to worry about damaging my Fett as often.

1. Chicks Dig Armor

2. With the helmet on no one can tell if you're wasted

3. My ex wife hates it.

4. Chicks dig the armor

5. Kids think we are cool as hell

1. Chicks Dig Armor

3. My ex wife hates it.

4. Chicks dig the armor

couldn't have said it better!!

1. Chicks Dig Armor

3. My ex wife hates it.

4. Chicks dig the armor

Send me your PayPal info, Smitty. I'm buying you a beer for that one. No kidding.

Send me your PayPal info, Smitty. I'm buying you a beer for that one. No kidding.

Me too. See you in a few weeks Smitty :)

Down deep inside there is also that factor of the anonymity that TK has, one of many. “Our Name is Legion, for we are many”……..

1. Chicks Dig Armor

3. My ex wife hates it.

4. Chicks dig the armor

That cracked me up! :lol:

1. Chicks Dig Armor

3. My ex wife hates it.

4. Chicks dig the armor

You forgot

6. Chicks dig the armor

B)

One of the things about a TK that chicks love is probably the bulging codpiece :)

Hmm, I wonder about all our female TKs out there, what their reactions are if the same sex hits on them :). As not all TKs talk, so the audience doesn't know if it's a male or female... but of course (imo) they always assume it's a guy :)

6 - Getting to meet "famous" folks like Weird Al.

weirdal4.jpg

5 - Being a much cooler geek than the dad down the street.

hall08.jpg

4 - Free Movies and Cons.

clone2.jpg

3 - Free Popcorn and Soda.

regal09.jpg

2 - Teaching kids Blasters can be your friend.

regal07.jpg

1 - Helping kids in need.

hall02.jpg