Painting Armor

Hi,

Just wondering if it is possible to paint black ABS armor white? There is somebody on ebay from the UK selling FX armor, and the black armor is alot cheaper than the white, and as I am on a budget, just wondering if it would be possible to do this? Also, what is all the difference between the ABS and the HIPS plastics?

Thanks

What is price difference? Yeah black pastic can be painted white, you need make several layers of paint to cover it and some good paint for it.

But I not sure how much it will be resistant to scratches and damaging it. I think better idea is have white stormie from white plastic.

Hi, this is my first post (besides the "announcement" post I just made), and thought I could help:

If you do decide to paint anything plastic, I would strongly recommend that you first lightly sand the pieces with some high grit sandpaper (like 200+) and then spray it with some primer. This will help the primer bond to the plastic and then the paint to the primer. Let the primer cure on the plastic for at least a 24-hour period (I personally like Krylon Fusion primer for plastics) before you hit it with some paint. Good luck!