Dan Laws new ESB Stormtrooper Helmet

I think you'll find that TM as had this detail incorporated in his helmets for quite some time now ;)

My TM doesn't have it-- if the date's on Pete's photos on Flickr are correct, it puts my helmet as being made around the end of 2007, or the very beginning of 2008.

Is that right?

Legend has it that the bump was always there -- but TE and Gino purposefully removed it, for whatever reason.

I could be talking out of my butt, but I seem to remember reading something like that back in the day when those two were allowed to square off here.

I found in the "Armor History" that there was a BIG! JERRY SPRINGER moment at the time over some molds. Gino and Dave vs. TE over who owned them. In the heat of the moment it was stated that several key details were removed from the faceplate and several areas modified as well.

I am guessing that the oval detail in the tear traps maybe one of the Key details that Dan reintroduced back into his molds.

With Gino/Dave/TE, does anyone know what the other modified/removed areas were of their faceplate?

And has D. Laws incorporated all the missing elements into his Helmet???

BTW Thanks for the info my Bros!!!

RogueTrooper

As Joe mentioned, the only person I remember who claims to have them is Gino.

I have yet to see any of his helmets with the oval detail. In all the photos I've seen, it's been removed.

Pretty ballsy, if you ask me, given he sells them for upwards of $1,000.

He does really nice work, don't get me wrong. His helmets are beautiful... But if I laid out that kind of cash for "the most uber, crazy accurate helmet in the known universe" and discovered it had been deliberately tampered with, I'd be pretty friggin' steamed.

Every helmet I have seen Gino offer is from modified moulds.

Who actually cast the Brian R. helmet?

I would love to know the full details of what actually happened when Matt decided to mould the original ANH helmet, from who did the moulding to what materials were used.

Guys you are also forgetting something, Gino's helmets are very nice but the molds have been touched up, his helmets are missing the lump under the right tube just next to the lower area of the ear caps, and these are old news...

Cheers

A

replica_06.jpg

In the above pic showing the Gino helmet in comparison with the screen used, please remember the Gino helmet is derived from the Brian R helmet and the screen used is the Dave M, if that makes any difference ;)

Well the way i see things, all though they do come from the same molds its all down to trimming and assembly. Thats why the original helmets all look slighty different when put together. The same can be said about modern helmet kits available now, you can put the same makers helmet together differently to produce a different look final product.

I think if you look closely at the back tube profile on the real helmet there is a chip of paint missing that gives the impression of the tube being more pronounced. You will also have a slight loss of profile and detail from the molding process alone.

• 2 months later...

Very cool!!!

My helmets are done and I'm finishing up the armor, as we speak!!! I will post pics soon.