ROTJ HELMET ABS(HERO)

These are the first pics I'm sharing of the second ROTJ I got last week, somehow this one is a tad sharper than my first one. This one will be a Hero version with ROTJ mics, rounded matte frown, straps and hard liner. Some of this elements will be challenging to find. I will be posting pics of my progress. So far I started with the frown, I might need to twick it a little but so far I'm happy with the results.

Cheers

A

ROTJ_HERO_02.jpg

ROTJ_HERO_01.jpg

ROTJ_HERO_03.jpg

ROTJ_HERO_04.jpg

There isn't technically.

There are two types of Jedi trooper helmet.

Background/Deathstar helmet which has a squared off frown, in gloss and a petal shaped foam liner and recast ANH/ESB mic tips. This is from the ANH/ESB style moulds, from what we know so at this point in time. I have never seen one in any close up shots.

Hero/Stunt which has a flat black rounded off frown and a hard hat liner and metal machined mic tips. These are the only troopers which you see in any detail on screen.

There are also 2 moulds, one more ANH/ESB and one which is much more squished on one side,and what you see on screen most of the time.

The TE helmet which was cast to form the old and recent run was from the ANH/ESB style mould yet was finished with the rounded frown and machined mic tips.

Joe

TE Helmet, from ANH/ESB moulds yet rounded frown and hard hat liner.

helmetfront.jpg

The former "screenused" stunt helmet.

Squished/2nd mould but rounded frown and most likely a hard hat liner and metal tips.

stormtrooper2t.jpg

The ears on the squished/2nd mould are also from a new sculpt.

Joe

Great stuff Joe, I could not explained it myself better than that :salute:

Thanks guys to all of you, I'm glad you like it, still a long way to run till is fully done. I get done with the vocorder and the frown has been adjusted since I was not happy with it 100%. For the vocorder I tried to match it with originals as best as I could. Next the ears...

Cheers

A

ROTJ_hero_test_03.jpg

ROTJ_hero_test_02.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Looking great A.

Will be cool to see it with Mike's decals.

Joe

Very true Joe, I just PP mike for a set. In the meantime I just got done with the earcaps. still a long way to go I guess, the hero style required more researching than the background. BTW any news regarding the machined tips?

Cheers

A

IMG_7665.jpg

IMG_7668.jpg

IMG_7681.jpg

IMG_7716.jpg

IMG_7715.jpg

IMG_7711.jpg

IMG_7693.jpg

Thanks guys, still I'm far away to get it done, the components I need for the Hero stile are harder to find than any other. I'm actually looking for machined tips so any lead or help is more than welcome :salute:

Thanks Blaze, the lighting was completely unintentional... but I think adds a nice touch to the composition

DUDE!!! You are awesome! This thing rocks!

Thanks a lot Mike, I'm putting a lot of love and attention to details in this helmet. I'm a fan of your helmets too,as you may know I said that few times in this forum ;) . I'm dying to get your new decals, the it will be closer to get it done. I just installed the trim neck I got from TM(Paul), it works much better than the previous trims I got before.

I'm glad you like it so far Thayne, I really like the hero look. I think it is great you are going for the same look... I would love to see your progress. Did you find machined tips for yours?

Cheers

A

I finished mine already. I'll post some pics of it later today. There are a couple in the link in my sig you can check out. Just click on my helmet collection. I can't wait to get Mike decals for it, it have ESB decals on it right now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Thanks you guys :) I'm waiting for my decals, then I will post more pics showing my progress, BTW the neck trim is already in too. I hope this helmet looks even better than my previous one.

Cheers

A

Sorry for the wait guys, I got my camera fixed :D so I took few pics yesterday with my progress. I might replace the decals soon but they make the job for the time being. As soon as get the tips I will take new pics. The other thing that I'm thinking lately is if I should add a weathering pass las I did in my other ROTJ helmet(background) or leave it clean. What do you think about it?

Thanks

A

TE_ROTJ_NBTips_01.jpg

TE_ROTJ_NBTips_02.jpg

TE_ROTJ_NBTips_03.jpg

TE_ROTJ_NTips_01.jpg

TE_ROTJ_NTips_02.jpg

TE_ROTJ_NTips_03.jpg

TE_ROTJ_NTips_04.jpg

TE_ROTJ_NTips_05.jpg