My First Experience Of Trying To Buy A TK

Some of you may have seen my first thread in the Noob section, and I wanna say thanks again to everyone for the advice! I mentioned in that thread that I was eyeballing an Ebay set of armor claiming to be a "Shepperton" recast, from seller Jedi-Robe. The exact armor and pictures are on their website, here

http://www.jedi-robe.com/105,601,star_wars..._Beautiful.html

I just wanted to share my experience with them so far, as I'm not really sure what to think and I'm a little disappointed so far in my search for ready made/assembled armor. This is my first message to the auction:

Dear jedi-robe,

Greetings, do you have any close up pictures that show the thickness of the armor? Or perhaps a link to a gallery of exactly what I'd be purchasing? Also, what type of blaster would be received with the armor, ie resin, plastic, etc? Thanks![/i]

And the reply:

Hello and thank you for your email.

You can find full information on this costume here, paste this into your browser:

http://www.jedi-robe.com/105,601,star_wars..._Beautiful.html

You can also give me a call anytime on 020 8144 5133.

Cheers.

Wayne - Jedi-Robe.com

:huh:

My reply and 2nd email:

Hello Wayne,

And thanks for your quick reply. I did see the pictures on your website but they didn't really help as far as close up pictures, and the website doesn't describe the type of blaster included with the auction as per my first email. Would you be able to provide any close ups of single pieces of armor? Thank you,

Jonathan

His reply:

Dear bandaihite,

Please send me your email address.

Cheers. Wayne - Jedi-Robe.com

- jedi-robe

And needless to say, I've yet to receive anything. Although I still haven't given up on my TK armor, I did stumble across a set of Arc Trooper armor on Clonetroopers.net and got a smoking "offer I couldn't refuse" from a member who sells black ABS kits. Although I was never big on the plain white Clonetroopers, after seeing the ARs with the painted helmets and pauldrons and "kilts" I had to take the plunge. So for now my TK's taking a backseat for a few months, but hopefully after having some time with my AR I'll be that much more confident building my own set. I feel that everyone was mostly correct in saying you can't find a great ready made/preassembled set of TK armor within a reasonable budget, but I can assure you I have the utmost confidence in Lisa from clonetroopers.net. Build time is expected to take around a month, and I'll be spending this evening taking about 20 different measurements that she's asked for. And if anyone cares to see, I'd be more than happy to post some pics when I receive everything. Happy trooping everyone!

Stay away from E-bay.......

Take the building Clone as a experiance for armor building, but do yourself a favor and search TK once it gets out of the back burner. In the end u will thx yourself for taking your time and doing research. good luck with your Clone and yes plz start a thread as u build it!!!!

Man... Having someone else build your armor ruins the experience! I've been cussing over those pieces of plastic ever since I've got them but boy does it feel goood when you got a finished piece :o!

:D Believe me, I know how much screaming and cursing I'd be doing tackling the TK first, which is why I'm spending the extra for the ready assembled AR. Just trying to figure out if I want Red or Blue

Don't know if it has been pointed out to you before, bu just so you know - this armour is not a Shepperton recast, the helmet is, but thent that's not well done either. The armour is yet another FX recast, and if I'm not totally mistaken this is the one with a greenish tint in the plastic - I'd advise you to stay away!