helmet ANH

Hello everyone! I have recently gotten my fx armor,and was just added as a member of the 501st. im in the mid south garrison. TK5930. Well Now that Im in I want to start improving my armor. Starting with the lid. So far I was thinking of ordering a ANH stunt,but I cant find one that does not have green lenses. I was trying to find one with the flat dark lenses. I was also thinking of saving money and getting a T2 helmet,I have read those are the most accurate! Any advice on this or where I can find a ANH accurate helmet would be a big help! Thanks!

It's not hard to replace lenses to whatever you want to use. Just cause a helmet comes with green lenses doesn't mean you can't replace or switch them for smoke colored ones.

Ā 

Ā 

I just switched my FX helmet to an accurate ANH one. I too miss the smoke colored lenses because green distorts the colors that I'm seeing. But for accuracy's sake I will stick with green.

It's not hard to replace lenses to whatever you want to use. Just cause a helmet comes with green lenses doesn't mean you can't replace or switch them for smoke colored ones.

Ā 

Ā 

I just switched my FX helmet to an accurate ANH one. I too miss the smoke colored lenses because green distorts the colors that I'm seeing. But for accuracy's sake I will stick with green.

Really.I have talked to some people in my garrison and I got the impression that the green ones where not used as much just because people did not like them.I got the impression people kind of laugh at them! Hearing you explain it makes me fell better about ordering one with green! I kinda like it myself! Im new at this so thanks for your help.

For ANH stunt, the accurate color is green, but most people in the legion use an FX helmet which comes with smoked grey lenses thats why there might be a bit of confusion.

Ā 

Once you put the helmet on with green lenses, it should look black from the outside so the public wont even know.

I suggest a Kev's ANH 2.0 or 2.5. You can view them at www.imperialsurplus.com. You can also contact kev there. He make a very solid helmet that looks awesome. I just repaired a TE2 for a trooper that had a crack because the walls were so thin. On the other hand, i took a hit by a door wearing my kev's ANH 2.5 and it hit me so hard that it cut my head inside my helmet. The helmet had a nasty scratch but no dents or cracks. The TE2 I just repaired would have split in two from that hit.

Dont forget Alan that your at the FISD now so that means that u are going to learn all there is to TK..... there is a chance that u will never see the movies again the same way.... Enjiy them now that u dont now all the small intricet details that no one knows,sees or even cares about.

Welcome Alan, dont forget to go to your controls page and up date your information and get clearence to go to the 501st area of the boards!!!!!