Who's Scruffy Looking?

On a side note and not to hijack the thread but on the TK secoond from the right, is it just me or is the black bit between the shoulder bell and strap, really shiny and reflective - is this from the neckseal ?

That's a gap between his shoulder and shoulder bell strap so your seeing straight through the armour, no reflections. The torso armour is strapped in such a way that it is all one unit and sit's higher on shorter guys like the trooper in question. They are not so form fitting and adjustable like what replica armour is strapped like, it's one size fits all :)

That piece of gaffer tape is actually holding down another piece of gaffer tape which is wrapped around the black elastic strap from the bottom of the shoulder bell. This is done to keep the biceps from falling down, since there was no strapping for the biceps.

This picture makes the bicep look an odd shape (which some believe to be the correct shape) but in reality it is simply the elastic strap being pulled down over the bicep.

Wow Paul you never cease to amaze me-I have always wondered why the gaffer tape was there! Another mystery solved!

Just thought I'd show one of my sets of armour that I scuffed up and weathered. I have to say that rough armour is the best. My shiny 1mm flex suit will soon be getting some rough treatment too :D

Armourfront.jpg

You have set a bench mark that I am trying to follow Paul ;)

• 1 month later...
I don't have armor yet, so I don't have a good feel for what kind of punishment it can take, but have people ever tried replicating a blast mark by lighting a small firecracker on the surface on the armor? I do like the weathered look.

How small you talking? Cause I'd be hesitant to set anything that explodes near something that cost me several hundred dollars....