Where did your armor come from?

I bought my first set from Ebay. That was back in the day when an FX suit cost $1200 and you were happy to get it at that. I'm glad to say those days are long gone.

I researched for 3 years ( pretty much had everybodys contact info of "Whos Who" in the TK world, at that time) and then i finally made up my mind and sent a letter to Paul as DL ( first time he was DL, actually there was no FISD when i started doing research!!!) in it was all the info i found about TK suppliers. I asked him to see what he thought and if there were any suggestions or things i missed. Why 3 yrs u ask i saved up and ordered and got every single thing i needed in one afternoon ( God bless PayPal) so i got every thing in the same week and finished it in one week, applied to the 501st, sent pics to the FISD to apply for EI, then i had to wait for Mr. Spanos to give me the A-OK. once i got it i applied for OutPost and Notafied Scott that i was 501st.....

so i got 501st member ship, EI status and New OutPost. in one strike!!!!!!

Good times!!!!!

I researched for 3 years ( pretty much had everybodys contact info of "Whos Who" in the TK world, at that time) and then i finally made up my mind and sent a letter to Paul as DL ( first time he was DL, actually there was no FISD when i started doing research!!!) in it was all the info i found about TK suppliers. I asked him to see what he thought and if there were any suggestions or things i missed. Why 3 yrs u ask i saved up and ordered and got every single thing i needed in one afternoon ( God bless PayPal) so i got every thing in the same week and finished it in one week, applied to the 501st, sent pics to the FISD to apply for EI, then i had to wait for Mr. Spanos to give me the A-OK. once i got it i applied for OutPost and Notafied Scott that i was 501st.....

so i got 501st member ship, EI status and New OutPost. in one strike!!!!!!

Good times!!!!!

Ā 

Ā 

That's quite an achievement.

Ā 

I applaud you sir :salute:

I've bene under extreme financial straits for far longer than is comfortable or even tolerable. I've been accumulating materials, parts, supplies, paints, etc., when and where I can. Some things I'll get rolling on in subassemblies -- f'r'instance, I have my TK helmets even though I don't have the rest of the armour yet, so I'm working on them. I'll accumulate until I have enough to finish at least one piece, such as a helmet or a blaster, and stockpile the rest in the meantime. It's slow and frustrating, but the alternative is to not do anything.

Ā 

I'm hoping next year to be able to start saving up and plunking down for the bigger pieces -- armour kits, more accurate fabric for my Royal Guard cape, and the Stormtrooper boots I've sourced aren't a cheap item either. About $200 a pair shipped to the U.S. Worth it to me, though, for the accuracy.

Ā 

My story's a bit like TK_MD's, only with a longer time-scale. :) Sourced the parts and kits and materials I want from an impressive array of vendors and suppliers, accumulating small stuff, saving up for the big things. I also like to do as much of the work as I can myself, so I prefer parts and kits over finished pieces. Basically, I lack a machine shop or casting/forming equipment, so I'll do almost anything that doesn't involve those techniques -- although sometimes I do take a shortcut, such as ordering a completed neckseal or underbelt from someone on here instead of sewing it myself.

Ā 

--Jonah

Replying to Where did your armor come from?

A buddy of mine bought his TD already assembled from... somewhere and wanted me to get one too. Only place I knew where to get one was from ebay, so I went there and bought one. I had no idea what a stormtrooper should look like in detail, so I was lucky I didn't get a recast, but a plain standard FX. Then later when I wanted to upgrade my armor, starting with my helmet, I got tricked. Bought an expensive helmet, and it looked great on the ebay pictures, but was crap when I got it, and no refund was possible. But luckily I found this AMAZING community. Mike (TK-4510) agreed to fix my helmet for FREE and did a outstanding job, and several members pitched in with cool stuff :).

Peregrinus did you ever finish your splicing of the two TE2 helmets?

Ā 

That's been a fairly low priority. My ARC Commander, Royal Guard, Jen's Biker Scout, looking for work, my custom Mando and Fenn Shysa, dealing with girlfriend health issues, and other assorted distractions have kept me from finishing them yet, but I'm in no hurry. :) They've served as an invaluable reference for correcting some parts of my MR CE -- all the ear mods I've seen have made no mention of the fact that the MR CE ears are too small in diameter. The process continues. :)

Ā 

--Jonah

hey jonah! i can have the boots made in white leather here for about 50 bucks man!

Ā 

make a drawing of your feet on a sheet of paper and mail it to me when you have the cash and IĀ“ll get them done for ye and in about a week or so iĀ“ll ship them to you with the invoice for the shoemakerĀ“s work!

Ā 

same goes for pauldrons and holsters man.

Ā 

just let me know when youĀ“re ready mate!

Ā 

Ā 

on to topic:

Ā 

my first armor was a FX that i was bought my my best friend and long term CO Crazas (Luis Diego Carazo).

Ā 

He bought three sets of FX armor so we could start our outpost a few years back and allowed me a full year until I could pay him the debdt and didnĀ“t charged one dime in interests!

Ā 

now ainĀ“t he the coolest guy ever???

Ā 

I built it in about 6 hours for the body one day and about another 4 for the helmet in another once I got it and got accepted two days later in the legion.

Ā 

the armor looked like the most beautiful thing in the planet to me and it fit like a glove! about 600 hundred was the final price after shipping and taxes.

Ā 

I used it in TK config for about 4 months until I modded it into TD config and proceeded t use it for the rest of a yearĀ“s time since the day I got it.

Ā 

After a year and endless debates about the inaccuracy of the FX Lid and regaining my love for the TK config i decided to sell it to a friend of mine in the group for the same cost with the modding and the full set of soft parts (fully exorcised of course!) that has a similar body type (smaller in height) than me.

Ā 

all the while he paid up month after month anothe friend of mine in the group bought another fx kit, but hes smaller than a jawa and thinner than asaj ventress and he literally swam inside the armor! no matter how much you might try to fit it.

Ā 

so, instead of trimming it, he sold it in to another friend that wanted to join the legion and bouight a tie pilot set that looks like it was meant for him.

Ā 

This last guy, Randall never did reworked the armor to his body type and the armor was laid to rot in a black trash bag in his basement.

Ā 

Once I got paid, months later, I contacted Randall for his set and he sold it to me. I refitted the entire thing to my frame and bought a MRCE bucket form ebay and a SR Props E-11 replica.

Ā 

the scraped FX lid and hasbro blaster I gave, fully modded to a friend member in the outpost, my current XO (he inherited the charge After I resigned) because although he has one sweet Kir Kanos Crimson Empire Royal Guard suit he alway wanted to be a TK.

Ā 

hes got the boots done and IĀ“m having a leather Right holster for my TK so the holster I have IĀ“ll give to him also. he already did the bodysuit and is in the process of getting the neckseal.

Ā 

so basically he just needs the FX kit withuot the helmet to become a member! that way we all have armor and are happy as squirrels in a nut shop!

Ā 

and well thatĀ“s it! story of my armor!

I'm currently fulfulling a life long dream, and making my first Stormtrooper Armor set. My armor is a full set of ATA armor. I'm very, very happy with it, and I like doing all the trimming, sanding, and really making it my own. I hope to have some pics up soon of the completed pieces, but I still have one thigh, brestplate, back plate and the arms to go. Anyway, back to the Dremmel and sander!!

I research for about a year and half while I was in college. I knew about the 501st and about FX armor and that was about it at the begining. As I did more research I stumbled across the FISD, it was fairly new then, and spent a lot of time reading posts and using the search function. Through my research I found that if I was going to take the armor plunge that I want something that was screen accurate or looked close. I had narrowed it down to AP or RTMod armor. My first post was a question dealing with armor fitting body types namely skinny and average height. The responses were great and I decided to go with AP armor. While all this research been going on, in the real world I had graduated from college and now had a real job. Bonus time came around and with permission from the Mrs. I order a complete set of AP armor and the misc parts to go with it . (I had it all budgeted out with a spread sheet. :):lol: ) A few months later the big box came and then it kind of sat for awhile. That was back in June of '07. I work on pieces here and there but it was kind of hard to in our small apt. After moving twice, once to a new apt and then relocating across country for a new job I finally finished my armor in time for Halloween of '08. Fast forward a little while and with some help from some great guys here I was able to go EIB a little while ago.

Did my research, located Master TE2, got a bucket kit, built it, love it, still my favorite bucket. Lucked out on ebay with body armor. Signed GF, with a TE ESB bucket. Renovated the TE and sold it. Built a PVC blaster. Got some black pajamas and presto.