Snaps question

I have a question. I've moved from research to planning, as I have made my decision as to an armor set. so now I move to assembly planning. here's my question: I don't want to have straps going from my bicep plates to my forearm plates, and same from my codpiece to my thighs to my calves. so I was planning on re-enforcing those sections of the inside of my bodysuit, and sewing snaps to the body suit, I'm looking for opinions on if this is a good idea. I was thinking of sewing the snaps to a piece of canvas, or some other stronger material, then sewing that to the inside of the body suit. another option for the legs at least was to do a hockey sock garder belt (that's for hockey socks) under the body armor, and cut small slits in the bodyarmor at points that would snap into the armor. Thoughts?

My system has worked very well for me, and it's very easy to set up. Remember, if you attached your armor to your body suit, you'd have to re-do it all when your undersuit finally wore out, which will happen in time. Here is a topic I posted on my set up. Let me know what you think and if you have any questions.

-----

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

yup, read that whole post like 5 times, that's how I got the idea. What I'm trying to avoid is the straps in between armor plates, which is why I was thinking of a strapping system kinda 'under' the undersuit, that has small slits cut in the undersuit to allow for the straps to connect to the armor plates. love your setup BTW, it's been inspiring!

I'm a bit of a perfectionist, I said to myself when I decided to do this that I was going to do it the best I can. I'm a pain in my own butt like that. :)

You don't need to strap either forearms or shins. The shins will rest on your shoes, and your forearms can be padded a bit to make them stay in place. The only place I have visible strapping is from the cod to the thighs. Though, they're not attached to the cod, they're attached to a belt I wear under the ab-plate.