Has anyone delt with this "501st" approved FX seller?

Sgt JB

Hello all, I'm new, and looking at amassing what I need for my TK uniform. I'm looking at e-bay listings by a seller named "stormtrooper_shop_uk" and I'm wondering if anyone has had dealings with him. He sells FX armor he states is 501st approved, but his kits seem to be alot cheaper than others I've seen. Seems too good to be true, and a local garrison member that's helping me said I should ask around here, since he has no knowledge of this seller. Any assistance you can offer is greatly appreciated.

If he says it is 501st approved then I think he is lying! As far as I know the 501st does not sanction any armour or sellers and is in fact they are actually not allowed to do so!

I know people who have bought stuff from here and having seen the standard I personally would advise spending more time researching other sources. This is clearly just my personal opinion.

He is not 501st approved.

He is a recaster. What he is saying is that his armour can be used in the 501st. Steer clear, plenty of other much better sellers.

Joe

Thank you, seemed too good to be true. I thought I mis-spoke, but I checked. the listing states : "501st approved! Most of the 501st wear FX armour!"

Thank you, seemed too good to be true.

No worries. There is a pm going round here with information on armour sellers.

In my opinion, I wouldn't buy FX, once you get more into your armour you will want something more accurate and there is not a huge price difference.

Good luck and welcome by the way.

Joe

In my opinion, I wouldn't buy FX, once you get more into your armour you will want something more accurate and there is not a huge price difference.

Joe

Thanks again Joe, BTW, I'm sorry for my bad manners, My name is Eric, I'm in Buffalo NY, and I'm currently in the research phase of things. I apprecaite all the good information, and assistance I've been getting from everyone here, and locally. I'm looking forward to becoming a full 501st member, and geting my "TK" designation!!

Good Job Eric!

Research, research and more research....... ( cant stress that nuff) in the end it will save u $$$ and Head aches.

Dont forget to open a thread in the new members area!!!

Joe

Depending on the person's build and body type (IE bigger fellows), FX armor can be a better solution than screen accurate armor. This is why everyone should do their research and find out the pros and cons of each type of armor and decide for themselves what they feel is best for them. You will find a large portion of the legion is very happy and content with their FX armor.

Depending on the person's build and body type (IE bigger fellows), FX armor can be a better solution than screen accurate armor. This is why everyone should do their research and find out the pros and cons of each type of armor and decide for themselves what they feel is best for them. You will find a large portion of the legion is very happy and content with their FX armor.

If you're bigger you can also try RT. Prices though for both RT & FX have been increasing lately, so the cost advantages are being eroded. Holy smokes is RT expensive these days.

If you're bigger you can also try RT. Prices though for both RT & FX have been increasing lately, so the cost advantages are being eroded. Holy smokes is RT expensive these days.

I'm not that big of a guy, I'm a little tall (6'1) but only 190 lbs, so I'm about average size. I'm also an avid model and mini builder / painter, so I'm as interested in the building as I am in the wearing. I'm not concerned with the helmet, as I'll be buying a custom fiberglass build a guy is selling on ebay that's absolutely beautiful, so as long as the armor plates look good, I'll be happy. I have my gloves, body suit, and boots on order. I just won a hasbro / kenner e-11 on ebay, and I'm getting the resin conversion kit to go with it. they'll be here soon. so, I think I'm on my way, just need to finalize the armor purchase, and I'll have most of that I need!!!

Thank you again for all the input, everyone's been very helpful.

I'm not that big of a guy, I'm a little tall (6'1) but only 190 lbs, so I'm about average size. I'm also an avid model and mini builder / painter, so I'm as interested in the building as I am in the wearing. I'm not concerned with the helmet, as I'll be buying a custom fiberglass build a guy is selling on ebay that's absolutely beautiful, so as long as the armor plates look good, I'll be happy. I have my gloves, body suit, and boots on order. I just won a hasbro / kenner e-11 on ebay, and I'm getting the resin conversion kit to go with it. they'll be here soon. so, I think I'm on my way, just need to finalize the armor purchase, and I'll have most of that I need!!!

Thank you again for all the input, everyone's been very helpful.

I don't think you will be happy with the fiberglass helmet.

If you have painting skills, Check out the ATA thread.

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=7239

I don't think you will be happy with the fiberglass helmet.

If you have painting skills, Check out the ATA thread.

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=7239

I've won painting competitions for my minis, I'm an avid model painter, so detail's a non-issue. I'm probably going to over-do it on taking my time. lol

I've won painting competitions for my minis, I'm an avid model painter, so detail's a non-issue. I'm probably going to over-do it on taking my time. lol

As an avid model painter myself i can safely say that they are two completely different beasts to tackle.

No, I know, but one thing I've learned on any project is patience...Mini's and modeling teach that in spades, and I've been in contact with some people on the boards for the armor. much better quality.

I'm not concerned with the helmet, as I'll be buying a custom fiberglass build a guy is selling on ebay that's absolutely beautiful,
If you are buying a helmet to wear, don't get a fiberglass helmet. Too heavy, too expensive and too fragile.

Ask me how I know! :)

If you are buying a helmet to wear, don't get a fiberglass helmet. Too heavy, too expensive and too fragile.

Ask me how I know! :)

And too likely to be a recast!

See, all this advice has paid off, you guy's have saved me about $600 worth of headaches, and misery. I've already been in contact with some people here on the boards, better quality, better prices, and they come better regarded by you guys, that's why research is good!

Welcome from me too Eric..

You're doing the right thing by asking for assistance first.. Many guys just jump in and buy the first thing they see, and soon regret it.

A whole heap of knowledge here, so you won't go wrong.

There are 2 main eBay sellers of 'recast' FX armour here in the UK, and both are hugely overpriced, and the quality of the armour is a big issue.

If you search around the forum, you'll find 3 or 4 guys offering various high quality kits.. either genuine FX or movie accurate.

There are 2 main eBay sellers of 'recast' FX armour here in the UK, and both are hugely overpriced, and the quality of the armour is a big issue.

*cough* Imerialarmour/chimerasales*cough*

Thanks, I actually have an order in with someone on the boards, good price, very good quality from what I've seen, and known around the boards. I feel alot more secure with him than any e-bayer.

Matt

You sound a little bit ruff there fella :huh: , here have one of these

fishermans.gif

:D

That will be the disgusting stance on recasting voiced by some people over on the 501st boards sticking in my throat mate. ;)

EDIT: I have been forced to delete the content of this post due to there being a nasty little rat in our midst reporting back to certain alledged recaster who are now threatening legal action.