painting my first HIPS helmet Rustoleum VS Krylon

Hi, preparing to get some paint for my first HIPS helmet (thanks ATA!)

I have searched and read many of the posts.

I have narrowed my choices to:

1. Rustoleum: Painter Touch: Sandable Primer (White) followed by Rustoleum Professional High Performance Enamel (Gloss White) sku #7592.

2. Krylon Fusion gloss white. (no primer needed?) Possibly followed by Krylon Triple-Thick Crystal Clear Glaze?

3. Krylon H2O

I am a complete novice at painting.

For you experienced helmet painters - I have read that the Rustoleum is difficult to work with? Why?

I am leaning towards the Krylon Fusion gloss white, because it seems to be easier for some reason.

If I go this route - I am planning to NOT use a primer. Is that correct?

How many coats would you recommend?

How far apart in time (5 minutes between coats like the Rustoleum?)

do I need to use the clear glaze over the top?

If you think I should just do the Rusoleum and forget the Krylon, please advise.

Looking forward to reading your advice while I get it trimmed and assembled prior to painting.

I'm on the same quest as hwkjeep here. I was recommended to the Krylon Fusion gloss white for plastics. It says no primer is needed and I also read a warning that said that Krylon would not mix well with other paints.

Yet the Rust-oleum gloss white as a second coat is what you would want to do?

DEfinitely use sandable primer and Rustoleum Pro Enamel.

I had never painted anything liek my bucket before (I had painted my jeep and a deer blind with rattle can but it was a rush job)

It was really easy to use both the primer (Only needed to be lightly sanded) and the Pro Enamel.

I'm on the same quest as hwkjeep here. I was recommended to the Krylon Fusion gloss white for plastics. It says no primer is needed and I also read a warning that said that Krylon would not mix well with other paints.

Yet the Rust-oleum gloss white as a second coat is what you would want to do?

Yes, Kylon Fusion under Rustoluem mixes very well. They don't react to each other at all. And, you get that BEAUTIFUL rustoleum finish in the end! :dance: