Bicep Question

• 2 weeks later...
SuperTrooper said:
Actually it's only on the left bicep, the right one does not have it.

Karin

As Terrell says, only on the left mate :)

vMC5Lmn.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Billhag said:
Karin

As Terrell says, only on the left mate :)

vMC5Lmn.jpg

That answers my question about whether Paul sculpted it into both. :D

Edited by gmrhodes13

Matt aka TE said there was only one side with the tumb print but i am sure Brian Muir said it was on both sides. I have tried to find where he answered this question...

Im sure TM aka Paul will know one way or the other for sure :)

I do remember reading somewhere that although it was on the left it did somewhat depend on the person getting dressed as to where they wore it- the same is true, I believe, of the shoulder bells. I can't remeber where I read that but seem to think it was here.

Vaj said:
If I understood it right ANH on one side, ROTJ both sides :)

Yep its prbably the only case where ROTJ troopers are more symetrical

nP6MuK4.jpg

woohoo a point for ROTJ

Edited by gmrhodes13

Am I the only one who thinks putting in the thumb prints into your armor is taking the whole screen accurate thing a bit too far? Should we also be taping everything with white tape as well to keep it together? :huh:

Its entirely a personal choice as to how close you want to look to the films. To the average onlooker, thumbprints or even white tape would be the last thing on their minds just like watching the films when you were a kid. Just look at how many people fell for the rubies. Its a testament to how poor most peoples visual memory is.

Am I the only one who thinks putting in the thumb prints into your armor is taking the whole screen accurate thing a bit too far? Should we also be taping everything with white tape as well to keep it together? :huh:

This is just how many ANH armor kits come, so it's not a matter of choice it's what you get. Now if you take an FX and decide to put a thumbprint in in, this is entirely up to the individual.

At that point you're heading down the road of prop recreation, which is a different flavor of costuming. This is what's so fun of the hobby and our club - there is a base standard that you need to hit, but how far you go beyond that is entirely up to you.

Look at Boba - some guys do an good job. Others like my garrison-mate Luke strive to recreate every scratch and scrape exactly. I can't imagine how many hours those guys put in to detailing their armor - certainly far more than most costume types and certainly more than most TK's. *

* Unless you're name is Paul and you're from the UK :D