Draft CRL for the TK Commander - EIB stds

Daetrin

This is *just* for the EIB standards, which are annotated in the CRL as "SHOULD HAVE" items.

This is a continuation of the thread here: --------

1) Comply with all TK ANH Hero CRL requiments ---------

MUST HAVE

2) Paint

* Helmet, armor, and shoes must include all rank stripe details in Duplicolor Royal Blue that exactly match the videogame and action figure references (see visual references below).

MAY HAVE

3) Armor can be battle-weathered (minor scuffs)

4) In lieu of using ANH base armor, troopers may opt to use ROTJ armor. If this option is chosen, the armor must comply to ROTJ CRL Requirements with the following exceptions

* ANH Stunt Helmet must be maintained.

* Hand plates must be ANH trapezoid instead of snowtrooper.

* Holster must be worn in the ANH style.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I'm not sure why this wouldn't be the case. The render I saw shows a stunt helmet, at least that's how it looked to me.

I just wish 100% someone would point me to a picture that will get me 501st and EIB acces and then IL load the spary gun, im abit nervous as were talking about £1500 worth of SDS I dont want to mess up and get wrong <_<

Hey Marcel - this is what we're trying to iron out. Right now there is no CRL, and there is no EIB standard.

The goal is to get consensus on what the CRL for 501st base standards would be and for the EIB.

CRL for 501st needs final sign-off by Thomas Spanos at least. EIB is 100% up to us.

4505 Marcel said:
I just wish 100% someone would point me to a picture that will get me 501st and EIB acces and then IL load the spary gun, im abit nervous as were talking about £1500 worth of SDS I dont want to mess up and get wrong <_<

-----------

scroll down to the 5th post. i posted a long stream of slightly grainy photos of the character model in the game. They are grainy because i took them of my TV screen of the game which i own for ps3. These pictures are the stormtrooper commander in its final design as it was released in the game by lucasarts. There should be no arguement that these are the paint standards that should be followed for at least EIB requirment because they are the equivalent of a costume as seen in the movies, a final draft in a sense.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 1 month later...

The blue I use is the same that most Jango's use and EP2 LT clones as well as 501st color. It's Rustoleum American Accents Ocean Blue...HD doesn't sell it any more...but Ace still dose

----------

I've used this on my 501st clones, and my LT EP2 ... It's almost a perfect match.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 2 weeks later...

GUYS - this thread is out-dated. Please read the current docs at:

CRL :------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Is an E-11 or any other weapon required for EIB standard for the TK Commander? If so, which version would it be?

My presumption would be that it one would have to match the variation you are after, e.g. an ANH blaster if you're doing the sideshow figure variant, or an ROTJ blaster if you're doing base ROTJ armor. This is actually what is captured in the current EIB standards.

What do you guys think? Or should we allow any EIB version blaster version as the details aren't really captured in the screen caps, and what one can see doesn't match anything from the movies, most especially the barrel, and w/o solid references we shouldn't strive to be that anal the first go-round.

I'm thinking about painting my armor, and I'm aiming for EIB Standards. Currently, I have an ANH stunt setup, and I was going to match the paint scheme from the game, not from the figures. It seems to only make sense that I would have an ANH style blaster as well.

To think about this from an in-universe way, the story takes place prior to ANH, so it seems to only make sense that ANH details would be there.

I would say for ease of simplicity, the blaster should match which armor setup you are using. If you are modifiying an ANH stunt, you should have an ANH, and the same for ROTJ style.

In the game it's nearly impossible to tell what type of blaster they are using.

Nothing new to add, except to raise a pint for Paul (Murray1134) for his 1000th post. :pint1: Can't wait to see you go EIB there, Paul :)