Source for ANH E-11 parts?

Madmartigan

Working on a pipe based blaster and I've already been using a Doopydoos conversion kit, but does anyone know where I can score the last few parts to complete it now that Tony/Stomper is on hiatus?

Still need:

• One Resin eagle Hengstler
  • Power cylinders -- 2 sets. Rather avoid the costly RussRep ones, and I can't find stuff to scratchbuild my own.
  • T-tracks - 1 set
  • Suggestions on materials to make the recoil spring inside

I wish i had any talent at moldmaking and casting, since I have an original Eagle Hengstler. Just don't think I'd be able to do it justice and pretty sure I'd have to repaint it after using it to cast.

TK506 seems to be out of stock on most stuff. Anyone else selling any of these?

-Chris

Madmartigan said:

Working on a pipe based blaster and I've already been using a Doopydoos conversion kit, but does anyone know where I can score the last few parts to complete it now that Tony/Stomper is on hiatus?

Still need:

• One Resin eagle Hengstler
  • Power cylinders -- 2 sets. Rather avoid the costly RussRep ones, and I can't find stuff to scratchbuild my own.
  • T-tracks - 1 set
  • Suggestions on materials to make the recoil spring inside

I wish i had any talent at moldmaking and casting, since I have an original Eagle Hengstler. Just don't think I'd be able to do it justice and pretty sure I'd have to repaint it after using it to cast.

TK506 seems to be out of stock on most stuff. Anyone else selling any of these?

-Chris

Hi Chris,

here is a template link I made with a couple of other guys here for the Cylinders, just scroll down to the bottom to post #20

-----------

Also if you go to post #3 on this link there is some info on what I used to build them:) ---------

I may have a set of spare T-tracks from Stomper you could have for the price I payed for them.:)

And you could make a spring out of a wire coat hanger or some wire and just wind it round a broom handle or something of similar diameter to the receiver/ pipe you are using.

Hope this helps,

Mark.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Thanks guys! Mark -- let me know if you have those Stomper t-tracks, though it may be cheaper to get some from Smitty since he's in the US.

I actually took the plunge today and ordered some casting supplies from Smooth-On to cast my Eagle Hengstler. Since I needed to order supplies to cast my Gatchaman helmet I'm working on and may be casting a few other little things, I figured I might as well learn a little on something smaller. =)

BTW -- I wasn't going to do a build thread per se, but might as well post some progress. I started with templates from the BBC and a Doopydoos PVC pipe buildup kit. But the PVC seemed bigger than the barrel of my MR E-11, so I went looking for other options at Home Depot. Came up with this:

--------

It's a 22" waste pipe from the plumbing area. More expensive than PVC, so you want to get it right the first time (I didn't...and it cost me another trip. lol). But it's thin walled, so it's easy to work with when drilling all the holes. I used a uni-bit (after the holes were shoddy the first time with normal drill bits) and just marked with a Black sharpie the width above the 7/16" depth and it worked like a charm.

Here's where it was when i started yesterday (below my modded MR). I've actually made more progress but haven't taken additional pictures yet:

---------

What I love about this pipe is that 1) it's metal and really light and 2) with the 1.5 templates from the BBC, it's a dead on match for the MR diameter. Believe it or not, that's the Doppydoos front sight. I hated that it was once solid piece, so some very careful small drill holes, gentle hacksawing, filing, filling, sanding later and I have a nice two piece sight that is very close to an original. :duim:

I've already mounted just about all the other parts and made a scope rail and Hengstler bracket. So, once I cast the Hengstler and get some t-tracks, it's just about time to paint!

More to come!

C

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed