Draft CRL for the TK Commander - 501st base stds

Daetrin

Considering that there is no truly published CRL I'm not sure what Thomas is using. It's FISD's task to make a recommendation, and the #1 reason for all these threads.

What do we think?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I dont have my 501st number yet but my commander armor is ANH

FX armor with appropriate stripes will get you into the 501st. I think its the EIB requirements that are a little confusing. The armor is obviosuly ROTJ but the helmet and gloves are ANH. However ROTJ armor isnt as readily available as ANH.

Cool Mark atleast there will be 2 of us ;) , I ordered 8 pots of paint as I have no idea how much im going to use. So its quite possible Il have loads left over for yours Il keep you informed :)

Is there 3 verticle blue strips on the biceps? I think I can see 3 and 2 on the forearm, is this correct <_<

The sideshowtoy shots and at least one in game reference shot show 3 stripes on the bicep. 2 on the forearm.

Can someone confirm it is clearable to make a stormtrooper commander out of an ANH hero armour set up, or does it need to be ROTJ armour?

Cheers

I am approved. And was approved pre-weathering. My set is ANH. So as far as I know ANH is fine.

4505 Marcel said:
Is there 3 verticle blue strips on the biceps? I think I can see 3 and 2 on the forearm, is this correct <_<

There are two stipes on both the bicep and forarm to respresent the two stripes branching off of the chest plate down the arms. Like i said in my other post the sideshow model and any other physical representations do not have the correct number of stripes nor are they placed correctly.

the stripes on the bicep run ALONG the inside of the embossed seam they are NOT ON TOP OF the embossed seams.

Here is a quick diagram i made for the RIGHT ARM as if you were wearing it just revers it for the left arm.

q4GZjzE.jpg

Re-guarding helmet, is it Hero or stunt as Ive seen both mentioned?

I would prefer to take the bubble lenses out of my helmet as the flat green are easier to see through ;)

It says stunt in the first post so possibly would have to cut anouther tooth in my bucket to

This is part of what we're trying to decide. I think we need to distinguish between what is a base 501st acceptable costume vs. EIB.

501st standards : "Must have"

EIB standards : "Should have"

I'd like to think that any 501st approved TK who then added proper paint would be 501st acceptable for this costume. If people want to get picky about hero vs. stunt, to me this is part of the "should have" / EIB conversation, and in that case I'd recommend the ANH stunt, as that is what I see on the render.

Here is the render:

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Daetrin said:

Here is the render:

----------

Where's the two stripes on the upper right leg?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Daetrin said:

Here is the render:

-----------

The render doesn't match the game which is the problem and that makes me a little iffy about the render and its accuracy. It could be a pre-visualization which is what they sent to the toy companies as their guide which would explain the different striping.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

What about the hand plates are most panting these blue or leaving them white <_<

They are suppose to be white

alot of people jumped the gun and painted their armor before doing proper research into it and now we have the group who painted there armor allready based off the toys and are now argueing theirs is right. Ugh...

for EIB at least i think the stripes should follow the in game references not the renders or the toys or models

That's a good point. Right now this is what is presented in the DL forum, so it's great seeing more info. I'm learning something new every post!

:salute: